HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » While I think the Bloombe...

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 01:22 AM

While I think the Bloomberg tactic of getting down to Trump's level is a probably a good strategy

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by OKNancy (a host of the General Discussion forum).

I find myself saddened that things have come to this. That to fight Trump we now have grown people groveling to see who can act more like the alpha male to appeal to childish caveman bullshit in a battle better suited for a movie about adolescent teenagers. Has Trump really done this to our society? Is this what we have become? Adults are now acting like bratty kids who need discipline and tribal mentality is kicking in like in the book Lord of the Flies? It makes me wonder if instead of stooping down, we be the grownups in the match like the adult military fellow who shows up at the end of Lord of the Flies and in an in an instant all the kids realize what they have become. I am not quite sure how to do this effectively but we deal with Trump like a Principal would with a child bully. Key and Peele have this very profound video touching on the thought process of a bully and it seems like if we can get creative we can still take the higher ground, look like adults and highlight Trump's behavior as childish and petty. We need a grownup candidate to show up and stop the madness:

Here is the Key and Peele video. If we could do something like this but perhaps have the bullied kid be the one with the psychological insight. Or would this strategy backfire and play into the BS about us acting like elites? We are fighting against this Alpha Male mentality not in children but adults. At this point their is probably very little hope for them suddenly becoming insightful but we are only trying to reach a few halfway reasonable folks who may not live and breath politics and are not completely aware of how insane it has become. Thoughts?

10 replies, 579 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply While I think the Bloomberg tactic of getting down to Trump's level is a probably a good strategy (Original post)
Quixote1818 Saturday OP
Corgigal Saturday #1
AlexSFCA Saturday #2
smirkymonkey Saturday #8
Vivienne235729 Saturday #3
blm Saturday #4
DEbluedude Saturday #7
hlthe2b Saturday #5
leftyladyfrommo Saturday #6
smirkymonkey Saturday #9
OKNancy Saturday #10

Response to Quixote1818 (Original post)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 01:29 AM

1. I personally,

love the idea of two 70/ 80 year old assholes sucking all the air out of the environment.

I think, Iím going to start drinking.....a lot.

Men, do better.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 01:50 AM

2. what bloomberg does is effective

because he is targeting trumpís base. Heís been trying to humiliate trump in front of his base. It will require billions to flood media markets and even buy some media networks in strategic areas but repeating non-stop every hour does work. He only needs to chip away no more than 20% of trump voters. I think itís doable. Those people are very stupid so alpha male game is the only thing that works on those dummies.

Response to AlexSFCA (Reply #2)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 11:35 AM

8. You have a point.

It's unfortunate that this is the way things work these days, but it's true. I want Trump out more than anything and if this is what it takes, then more power to Bloomberg.

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 02:18 AM

3. It IS sad. But Trump isn't that powerful. He's not to blame. He's barely a functioning toole.

It is decades of radio propaganda, gutting of education, and the decentralization of the media that has brought all this idiocracy. No one can think anymore. Ignorance is applauded. And people can only operate on sound bytes. We've had a MASSIVE problem for a long time. It's just coming home to roost now.

Response to Vivienne235729 (Reply #3)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 03:29 AM

4. Truth. Putin took advantage of the opportunity to install Trump.

But, that opportunity existed because of 3 decades of Republicans using talk radio and other propaganda outlets like Rev Moonís Washington Times and then FOX to not only direct hatred of good governance, but, to distort the meaning of governance itself.

Response to Vivienne235729 (Reply #3)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 07:19 AM

7. You've hit the nail on the head!

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 06:17 AM

5. How sad it is that we have to hope to trigger a total, debilitating, undeniable demented breakdown..

as our only real option left...

My parents, long gone, but who experienced the full rise and fall of Hitler, WWII and the aftermath always wondered how the German people could have been so manipulated, mislead, and corrupted.

I now know. I surely wish I didn't.

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 06:32 AM

6. I like Bloomberg's ads.

He has a really good one showing different past presidents giving wonderful, powerful words. And he has contrasting shots if Trump being and saying awful things.

Response to leftyladyfrommo (Reply #6)

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 11:37 AM

9. I think the other candidates could take a page from Bloomberg's book.

Going high has never worked for us and it won't this time either. We unfortunately have to get in the gutter with him to beat him at his own game.

Sat Feb 15, 2020, 11:38 AM

10. Bloomberg is a Primary candidate - LOCKING

Please repost in the primary forum