HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's Valentine's Day v...

Fri Feb 14, 2020, 11:35 PM

Trump's Valentine's Day vacation raises his golf tab to $133 million

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/trumps-valentines-day-vacation-raises-his-golf-tab-to-133-million-334-years-worth-of-his-presidential-salary/

President Donald Trump departed the White House on Friday for another trip to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

“President Donald Trump returned to Mar-a-Lago on Friday evening for the 29th golf-related trip of his presidency to his for-profit Palm Beach, Florida, resort, raising his total taxpayer golf tab to $133.8 million,” S.V. Dáte reported for the HuffPost on Friday. “That figure translates to 334 years of the presidential salary that Trump and his supporters frequently boast he is not taking.”

Dáte has been closely tracking Trump’s time on the links, and noted Trump vowed during the campaign that we wouldn’t be golfing if elected.

“I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” Trump said in February 2016. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

1 replies, 398 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's Valentine's Day vacation raises his golf tab to $133 million (Original post)
Miles Archer Feb 14 OP
struggle4progress Feb 14 #1

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Fri Feb 14, 2020, 11:41 PM

1. "We're re-directing the government employees' pay raise to my golf outings!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread