HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Barr blasts Trump's tweet...

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 07:36 PM

Barr blasts Trump's tweets: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive

In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.

“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.

When asked if he was prepared for the consequences of criticizing the president – his boss – Barr said “of course” because his job is to run the Justice Department and make decisions on “what I think is the right thing to do.”

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president,” Barr said. “I’m gonna do what I think is right. And you know … I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/barr-blasts-trumps-tweets-impossible-for-me-to-do-my-job-abc-news-exclusive/ar-BBZYHjr?li=BBnb7Kz

Ha ha ha!! You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Bill!

6 replies, 359 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Barr blasts Trump's tweets: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive (Original post)
Initech Feb 13 OP
blm Feb 13 #1
Hassler Feb 13 #2
underthematrix Feb 13 #3
struggle4progress Feb 13 #4
Initech Feb 13 #6
stillcool Feb 13 #5

Response to Initech (Original post)

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 07:38 PM

1. Dog and pony show. Don't fall for this CYA act.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 08:04 PM

2. Another hackneyed production from Gaslight Theatre.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 08:14 PM

3. I'm done

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 08:19 PM

4. "I arrange for somebody to fix the guy, and then The Don blathers about busting the guy's kneecaps

right before somebody busts the guy's kneecaps. That's unfortunate. It makes my job hard, and then I look bad. I never even spoke to the guy"

Reply to this post

Response to struggle4progress (Reply #4)

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 09:52 PM

6. Trump seems like the kind of guy who would laugh at someone getting their legs broken.

I can see the tweet now:

"So and so is a stupid loser! They shouldn't have been standing in the way of that street sweeper! Sad!"

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 13, 2020, 08:33 PM

5. Not Fox? ABC?

I don't believe a word of anything said, but the sh*t flying around is stunning to look at.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread