HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Debate of President D...

Tue Jan 21, 2020, 07:19 AM

The Debate of President Donald J. Trump

Let’s just call it what it is. McConnell’s rules authorize a debate, Not a trial. A trial includes evidence. Even though all agree the Senate has the Constitutional authority to make the rules for an impeachment trial, and that those rules might deviate from a criminal trial 100% expect an actual “trial.” By definition, a trial includes evidence.

4 replies, 500 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Debate of President Donald J. Trump (Original post)
Raven123 Jan 2020 OP
samnsara Jan 2020 #1
NCLefty Jan 2020 #2
Iliyah Jan 2020 #3
Raven123 Jan 2020 #4

Response to Raven123 (Original post)

Tue Jan 21, 2020, 07:22 AM

1. im not even going to watch this sham..

..the trials rigged just like his election was rigged.

The cigarette man is the only one who can help us now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 21, 2020, 07:22 AM

2. Maybe Dems should walk out on camera if they try to subdue important evidence/witnesses. Then launch

a new inquiry in the House.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 21, 2020, 07:27 AM

3. True . . .

And at night? I mean senate doesn't do anything during the day except vote on right wing unqualified judges. Now I see by reading history why 1) Democrats held on to the House for approx. 40 years, and 2) senate was more bipartisan back in the day.

In order to save what's left of democracy, we must control both branches and the WH for many years to come. Impeach the judges who abuse the Constitution and the laws.

I think what the senate Republicans are doing is starting to backfire. Americans are fed up with t-rump and his criminal behavior and the f up administration.

Reply to this post

Response to Iliyah (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 21, 2020, 08:20 AM

4. I agree. I think public opinion is shifting toward the Dems

If MCConnell chooses to depose Bolton in private and refuses public testimony or even release of the deposition, he will add fuel to the fire. He will also add credence to the Dems assertion that Trump’s actions endangered National Security.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread