HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why the White House said ...

Tue Jan 14, 2020, 09:59 AM

Why the White House said the assassination of Suleimani was "imminent"?

Because they chose not to tell the Congress about it.

They didn't tell Pelosi. They didn't tell Steny Hoyer. They didn't tell Mitch McConnell. They didn't tell anyone in the Gang of Eight.

They did not want people to think they just ignored Congress. After all, Donald Trump is being impeached for Obstruction of Congress, mostly by refusing witnesses and documents. The attack upon Suleimani does not look good next to the impeachment charges.

That is why they chose to tell everyone that the attack was "imminent".

Of course, they have changed their story several times since the assassination. Now, it doesn't matter if it was "imminent" or not. He was a bad person.

Initially, it looked like another obstruction of Congress. They didn't want that narrative with the impeachment charges hanging over them.

2 replies, 387 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why the White House said the assassination of Suleimani was "imminent"? (Original post)
kentuck Jan 14 OP
uponit7771 Jan 14 #1
dewsgirl Jan 14 #2

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Jan 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

1. K&R, No one paying attention believed Trump from the outset we know Trump will start wars for money

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to uponit7771 (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 14, 2020, 11:07 AM

2. Of course no one believed him, with him clocking over 15,000

lies, how could anyone believe a thing he says? Other than the base.
I asked a question on Twitter the other day, I got some lots of comments but no real answers. The question, When he says "people called and said, that was the best briefing ever, a perfect briefing." Does this count as one of his lies, or do we just skip those?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread