HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » CNN's Sanders Hit Piece D...

Mon Jan 13, 2020, 11:35 PM

CNN's Sanders Hit Piece Doesn't Pass the Smell Test

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by EarlG (a host of the General Discussion forum).

https://fair.org/home/cnns-sanders-hit-piece-doesnt-pass-the-smell-test/

CNN (1/13/19) has an anonymously sourced hit piece out today on Bernie Sanders, claiming that at a meeting in Elizabeth Warren’s home on December 18, 2018, he told her “a woman can’t win” the presidency.

The article, by CNN correspondent MJ Lee, is so journalistically shoddy that someone reading only the first few paragraphs would end up believing that it is a fact that the current top-polling candidate for the February 3 Iowa Caucus actually said that. Never is Sanders’ “quote” prefaced with the term “allegedly.”

None of the four anonymous staffers/friends making the charge of Sanders sexism were actually witnesses who were apparently in the room that day. Two, according to Lee, spoke to Warren “shortly after” that meeting. The other two “sources” were described only as people who “knew about the meeting.”

Sanders issued a blistering denial to CNN, saying, “It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn’t win.” He added:

It’s sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren’t in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016.

..more..

4 replies, 332 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply CNN's Sanders Hit Piece Doesn't Pass the Smell Test (Original post)
G_j Jan 13 OP
egduj Jan 13 #1
RandySF Jan 13 #2
The Velveteen Ocelot Jan 13 #3
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jan 13 #4

Response to G_j (Original post)

Mon Jan 13, 2020, 11:37 PM

1. ibtl

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 13, 2020, 11:38 PM

2. That was published before the Warren campaign statement.

Everyone went dark after that.

Mon Jan 13, 2020, 11:38 PM

3. Wrong forum.

Mon Jan 13, 2020, 11:55 PM

4. Shouldn't this be in the Democratic primaries fourm?