HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pro Publica & WNYC Trump ...

Sat Jan 11, 2020, 04:12 PM

Pro Publica & WNYC Trump Tax Probe Raises Red Flags...Mayor Asks For Criminal Investigation

Major red flags found in Trump’s taxes — and now New York City wants a criminal investigation

“New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said Friday that he had asked Manhattan’s district attorney to investigate discrepancies ProPublica and WNYC revealed last fall between what President Donald Trump’s company reported in filings to city tax officials and what it reported in loan filings. The discrepancies made his properties seem more profitable to a lender and less profitable to the city’s tax authorities.

After ProPublica published its findings, de Blasio said Friday, the city decided to examine the issues. That process resulted in one matter being turned over to the district attorney in November. De Blasio said he made the referral “because there is a possibility of a criminal act having been committed.” The referral related to Trump’s historic downtown skyscraper at 40 Wall Street, a city spokeswoman added.

De Blasio’s comments came during a conversation with WNYC reporter and “Trump, Inc.” podcast co-host Ilya Marritz on the “Ask the Mayor” segment of “The Brian Lehrer Show.” De Blasio, who ended a presidential bid in September, said Trump’s efforts to avoid taxes have gone beyond the measures taken by most wealthy Americans. He “consistently has believed he was above the law, even before he was president,” de Blasio said. “So this is a real problem, and I think there could be some real exposure here.

In an emailed statement, a Trump Organization spokeswoman blasted de Blasio for “using the power of his office to try and launch an investigation into his political opponent.” The statement called the allegations “unfounded and clearly motivated by politics.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/major-red-flags-found-in-trumps-taxes-and-now-new-york-city-wants-a-criminal-investigation/

Long read at link

7 replies, 721 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pro Publica & WNYC Trump Tax Probe Raises Red Flags...Mayor Asks For Criminal Investigation (Original post)
Me. Jan 11 OP
Takket Jan 11 #1
Me. Jan 11 #2
stopdiggin Jan 11 #3
handmade34 Jan 11 #4
Mc Mike Jan 11 #5
stopdiggin Jan 12 #6
Mc Mike Jan 13 #7

Response to Me. (Original post)

Sat Jan 11, 2020, 04:15 PM

1. why does a self made billionaire even NEED a loan from a bank?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Takket (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 11, 2020, 04:19 PM

2. Right?

Reply to this post

Response to Takket (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 11, 2020, 04:23 PM

3. took that as rhetorical

but I think it's pretty obvious by now that Trump Org (and the Trump clan) have been living on someone else's dime throughout their history.

Reply to this post

Response to stopdiggin (Reply #3)

Sat Jan 11, 2020, 06:17 PM

4. all hyper-wealthy people

live at the expense of others, their labor, their ideas, their time, etc...

Reply to this post

Response to Me. (Original post)

Sat Jan 11, 2020, 06:39 PM

5. Using the power of his office...?

Gee, the repugs are swine hypocrites.

Reply to this post

Response to Mc Mike (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 12, 2020, 03:08 AM

6. they are indeed. but these tax records far precede any holding of office (nt)

Reply to this post

Response to stopdiggin (Reply #6)

Mon Jan 13, 2020, 06:16 AM

7. That creep has been a crook his whole life. nt.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread