HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Debate on articles of imp...

Tue Dec 10, 2019, 10:03 PM

Debate on articles of impeachment against President Trump to begin Wednesday

WASHINGTON – House Democrats plan to begin debating Wednesday two articles of impeachment accusing President Donald Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, setting up a constitutional clash between the two branches of government that has only happened three times before.

Hours after Democrats announced the articles of impeachment Tuesday, they scheduled a Wednesday evening meeting of the House Judiciary Committee to consider them.

The committee plans to begin debating the articles at 7 p.m. Wednesday and resume at 9 a.m. Thursday. No deadline was set for a final committee vote. If approved, the full House could vote on the articles as early as next week.

The accusations against Trump closely track the Intelligence Committee's findings about Trump’s dealings with Ukraine. The panel found Trump withheld a meeting and military aid from Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky while pressuring his counterpart to investigate his political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/debate-on-articles-of-impeachment-against-president-trump-to-begin-wednesday/ar-BBY10gz?li=BBnb7Kz

2 replies, 297 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Debate on articles of impeachment against President Trump to begin Wednesday (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Dec 10 OP
triron Dec 10 #1
sprinkleeninow Dec 10 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Dec 10, 2019, 10:08 PM

1. I have given up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to triron (Reply #1)

Tue Dec 10, 2019, 11:43 PM

2. There's something troubling me. I don't know how to put it into words. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread