HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » These California police o...

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 12:58 PM

These California police officers were charged with brutalizing loved ones.

So why are so many still carrying a gun?

He shoved her to the ground, kneed her in the back and handcuffed her so she couldn’t take their baby and leave, she told police. When she tried to get away, she said, he grabbed her hair and pushed her face into the door frame.

Police photographed her swollen right eye for evidence.

But his actions that summer night in 2007 — and the domestic abuse, false imprisonment and battery charges that followed — didn’t cost Vidal “Dustin” Contreras his job.

The Kern County Sheriff’s Deputy was allowed to plead no contest to a single, far less serious charge: disturbing another person “by loud and unreasonable noise.” Not only did Contreras keep his badge, he went on to be a human-trafficking detective with a troubling record of investigating cases involving vulnerable women.

That’s not so unusual, when it comes to domestic violence and law enforcement officers in California.

-more-

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/10/these-california-police-officers-were-charged-with-brutalizing-loved-ones-so-why-are-so-many-still-carrying-a-gun/

2 replies, 594 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply These California police officers were charged with brutalizing loved ones. (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Nov 11 OP
ansible Nov 11 #1
in2herbs Nov 11 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 01:06 PM

1. oink oink

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 03:21 PM

2. Think about it: the gov't spends a lot of it's financial resources to train a PO, only to have that

all that money go down the drain if/when that PO loses it's right to carry a gun if convicted of felony domestic abuse? This kind of financial law enforcement is not limited to California. Trust me, I know.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread