HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sign: "Thank you to those...

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 12:43 PM

Sign: "Thank you to those who fought for our right to boo the President who disrespects you."

5 replies, 1722 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sign: "Thank you to those who fought for our right to boo the President who disrespects you." (Original post)
kpete Nov 11 OP
Hermit-The-Prog Nov 11 #1
crickets Nov 11 #2
Scarsdale Nov 11 #3
calimary Nov 11 #4
calimary Nov 11 #5

Response to kpete (Original post)

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 12:55 PM

1. that covers it

Seems to be another line: Our Vets deserve better than Trump.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 02:30 PM

2. That's a keeper. K&R

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 03:24 PM

3. I would not cross

the street to see this bloated orange ass. I heard his war stories about fighting STD's at Studio 54. Such a brave, useless, worthless "man".

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 11, 2019, 04:10 PM

5. What an outstanding poster!

Its message is beyond outstanding!

THAT is who and what we are.

If you see something, say something, writ large.

Something else strikes me about this.

In the Constitution, the executive branch rates Article 2. Listed second. Btw, IMPEACHMENT can indeed be found in the Constitution. Read down to Section 4 in Article 2 and there it is. No way is impeachment unconstitutional.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Two_of_the_United_States_Constitution

In the Bill of Rights, the right to free speech must have been viewed as first-rate, since its named in the First Amendment to said Constitution. Its among those ideas that were evidently considered by the Founders to be so important to what was written in the Constitution that they came back with a clarification. Perhaps it was an oh gee, we need this codified, too kind of thing?

Interesting take here, too: Constitution sets up government structure, its powers and what its allowed to do. The Bill of Rights came in afterwards to detail what the government is NOT allowed or empowered to do. https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-difference-between-bill-rights-constitution-346005

Constitution was ratified June 21, 1788. Bill of Rights was ratified December 15, 1791.

https://billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/bill-of-rights/

On edit - I deleted the earlier post. I was trying to add to it but somehow started a duplicate by mistake.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread