HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'This is a very strong ca...

Sun Nov 10, 2019, 02:51 PM

'This is a very strong case of bribery' : Rep. Jackie Speier on impeachment

A Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee defended the Democrats' strategy in the impeachment inquiry and responded on Sunday to the Republican witness requests in an interview on ABC's "This Week."

"This is a very simple, straightforward act. The president broke the law," said Rep. Jackie Speier of California. "He went on a telephone call with the President of Ukraine and said 'I have a favor though' and then proceeded to ask for an investigation of his rival. This is a very strong case of bribery."

The constitution is very clear, treason, bribery or acts of omission," she added. "And in this case itís clearly one of those."

Ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee, Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, criticized the inquiry for being partisan, in response to Speier during a separate interview on "This Week."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/this-is-a-very-strong-case-of-bribery-rep-jackie-speier-on-impeachment/ar-BBWy6og?li=BBnb7Kz

I agree. Thornberry is rather rank.

1 replies, 439 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'This is a very strong case of bribery' : Rep. Jackie Speier on impeachment (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Nov 10 OP
Wellstone ruled Nov 10 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sun Nov 10, 2019, 03:16 PM

1. So,Congress Lady Speier just

scared the crap out of here Rethug committee members.. Hope a Impeachment add on is Bribery. During a live Committee Hearings dealing Bribery,that would be the big nail in Trumps Coffin.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread