HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Bolton has previously und...

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:56 PM

Bolton has previously undisclosed information about Ukraine

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/11/08/politics/john-bolton-lawyer-ukraine-information/index.html

Former national security adviser John Bolton has "personal knowledge" of relevant meetings and conversations "that have not yet been discussed in testimonies thus far" as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, but he is still refusing to testify until a federal judge rules in an ongoing legal fight between House committees and the White House, according to his lawyer.

Bolton's lawyer, Charles Cooper, wrote a letter to lawmakers Friday in which he teased the idea that his client could offer new details related to the impeachment probe, as well as additional context about events that have been described in other witness testimony.

Bolton "was personally involved in many of the events, meetings, and conversations about which you have already received testimony, as well as many relevant meetings and conversations that have not yet been discussed in the testimonies thus far," the letter reads.

*SNIP*

So why the pussyfooting around? Why skip the deposition? Yeah, yeah, it's great that trump was too much for Bolton, but I don't trust him.

5 replies, 479 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to pepperbear (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:59 PM

1. I do not trust him . . . .

he has close ties to Criminal Barr.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 10:14 PM

2. Bolton will knife in the back whomever he thinks wronged him, AND submarine Dems at every turn.

Bolton is both a dangerous lunatic and reliably partisan, it might turn out okay but do not get your hopes up.

Reply to this post

Response to RockRaven (Reply #2)

Sat Nov 9, 2019, 12:07 AM

4. Unraveling a criminal conspiracy...

...pretty much depends on getting the truth out of dangerous lunatics.

Reply to this post

Response to jberryhill (Reply #4)

Sat Nov 9, 2019, 12:37 AM

5. I trust Schiff and a handful of other to be uber-prepared and savvy, but some of the 5-minute types

concern me insofar as they may give Bolton -- just by inexperience or obliviousness or misplaced attention/priorities -- way too much room to advance his RW warmongering and Democratic Party-trashing agenda, beyond their expected slamming of Trump and his selling-out-America toadies.

Ultimately it is probably better to have his testimony than not, but sure as hell the "good" parts will come with a cost.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 11:46 PM

3. Don't trust him either, but he could darn sure damage trump if he spoke out against him.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread