HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Juanita Jean-Alex Jones i...

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:22 PM

Juanita Jean-Alex Jones is a Loser. Again.

This makes me smile, Juanita Jean's son, Mark, is the lead attorney in one of the lawsuits against Infowars https://juanitajean.com/alex-jones-a-a-loser-again/

Yesterday the Texas Court of Appeals denied Jonesís request to dismiss the case brought by Sandy Hook parents in the Texas courts.

Jones has lost every single motion in all the Sandy Hook cases filed in Texas. Heís been through 7 lawyers, including the loud and temperamental California lawyer who was apparently paid to scream all the Texas law he didnít know.

Little Bubba sent me a copy of the three judge panelís decision. Lawyers hanging around here will want to read it because itís devastating to Jones and his lawyers so itís a delicious read. Itís also very smart and well researched.

The Court of Appeals judge who wrote the decision is Judge Gisela D. Triana, an amazing jurist and a credit to Texas. Texans take note: she running for the Texas Supreme Court next November.

Here is a link to the opinion https://juanitajean.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/03-18-00603-CV_cv18-603.mem_.pdf

6 replies, 588 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Juanita Jean-Alex Jones is a Loser. Again. (Original post)
Gothmog Friday OP
Brother Buzz Friday #1
Gothmog Friday #2
Brother Buzz Friday #3
Mc Mike Friday #4
Hermit-The-Prog Saturday #5
Gothmog Saturday #6

Response to Gothmog (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:34 PM

1. I ALWAYS enjoy when you post Juanita Jean

She's such a kick in the pants to read.

I always knew she was plugged in, but boy howdy, Little Bubba must make her proud.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Brother Buzz (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 04:23 PM

2. Bubba was sworn in as a judge on October 28

It was a very nice ceremony

Reply to this post

Response to Gothmog (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 04:39 PM

3. I thought Bubba died in a semi-tragic Nascar pit stop accident.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 07:30 PM

4. Love this part:

including the loud and temperamental California lawyer who was apparently paid to scream all the Texas law he didnít know.!

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 9, 2019, 03:03 AM

5. footnote 3 ...

This is interesting:

In their brief, Appellants have included, in primarily bullet-point form, several pages of objections to various portions of evidence relied on by the parents. Most of these objections are single words or phrases that contain no analysis or citations to legal authority. Appellants do not elaborate on these objections in their reply brief. We review a trial courtís evidentiary rulings for an abuse of discretion. Southwest Energy Prod. Co. v. Berry-Helfand, 491 S.W.3d 699, 727 (Tex. 2016). Assuming that Appellantsí objections were adequately briefed,
we overrule the objections as we understand them as to the affidavits and supplemental affidavits of the parents. We also determine that the district court did not abuse its discretion in allowing the parents to file supplemental affidavits on August 2, particularly in light of Appellantsí two substantial supplements to their motion to dismiss, one filed five days and another filed one day before the hearing and only six and two days before the parentsí affidavits were filed. We do not reach Appellantsí other objections and base our conclusions on the pleadings, portions of affidavits, and exhibits that were not subject
to the objections listed in Appellantsí brief.

It's not often you get to read a judicial, "WTF?"

Reply to this post

Response to Hermit-The-Prog (Reply #5)

Sat Nov 9, 2019, 08:19 AM

6. I was also amused by this

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread