HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump Seethes After NY Ju...

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 01:48 PM

Trump Seethes After NY Judge Orders Him to Pay $2 Million For Misusing Charitable Funds

‘No Wonder Why We Are All Leaving!’

Donald Trump is blasting the ruling handed down by a New York judge that he must cough up $2 million to settle a case which alleged that the president used his charitable foundation to advance his 2016 campaign.

New York Supreme Court Justice Salliann Scarpulla ordered Trump to pay the settlement, saying, “Mr. Trump’s fiduciary duty breaches included allowing his campaign to orchestrate the Fundraiser, allowing his campaign, instead of the Foundation, to direct distribution of the Funds, and using the Fundraiser and distribution of the Funds to further Mr. Trump’s political campaign.”

In a statement posted to Twitter, Trump ripped the finding.

“I am the only person I know, perhaps the only person in history who can give major money to charity ($19M), charge no expense, and be attacked by the political hacks in New York State,” Trump said. “No wonder why we are all leaving!”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-seethes-after-ny-judge-orders-him-to-pay-dollar2-million-for-misusing-charitable-funds-no-wonder-why-we-are-all-leaving/ar-BBWqQUl?li=BBnbfcL

What a self entitled asshole.

14 replies, 857 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump Seethes After NY Judge Orders Him to Pay $2 Million For Misusing Charitable Funds (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Nov 8 OP
Johnny2X2X Nov 8 #1
gratuitous Nov 8 #2
Johnny2X2X Nov 8 #5
gratuitous Nov 8 #9
magicarpet Nov 8 #3
dhol82 Nov 8 #4
TruckFump Nov 8 #7
dhol82 Nov 8 #12
TruckFump Nov 8 #14
Thomas Hurt Nov 8 #6
lark Nov 8 #8
yellowcanine Nov 8 #10
Garrett78 Nov 8 #11
dhol82 Nov 8 #13

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 01:49 PM

1. He signed court documents admitting he misused the charity's money for his own gains

Jeesh, he admitted to it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Johnny2X2X (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 01:51 PM

2. Yeah, but court documents are one thing

Trump's twitter tantrums are his official record. He should show that stuck-up judge and that so-called court of law, and just refuse to pay the $2 million. That'd show them!

Reply to this post

Response to gratuitous (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 02:02 PM

5. It's exactly what he'll do

This guy never pays his bills, period.

Reply to this post

Response to Johnny2X2X (Reply #5)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:20 PM

9. A judge has resources unavailable to the common creditor

Trump may publicly bluster about what a horrible miscarriage of justice this all is, but he'll quietly (very quietly) pay up.

On occasion, I've seen judges bring the parties to a dispute to the courtroom for an on-the-record colloquy designed to short-circuit any post-settlement disputes: You understand that by signing this, you're promising to pay X dollars? You understand that this is a judgment against you, and will show up on any future credit reviews until paid? You understand blah-de-blah-de-blah each aspect of the settlement. You're not under the influence of any intoxicating beverages or substances? You're signing this of your own free will? You've had a chance to have your attorney review the settlement and your attorney is advising you to sign? You're relinquishing your right to appeal. And on down the line to avoid later "But I didn't know!" excuses. Considering what the court went through to get to a settlement, I think the judge would have been justified in holding an open court session to run down the list of possible excuses or evasions.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 01:52 PM

3. Shut the fuck up,...

... move to Russia.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 02:01 PM

4. I keep hearing that $19 million number bandied about

Anybody know where it comes from?
There’s always a germ of truth in the shit he says - not reality.

Reply to this post

Response to dhol82 (Reply #4)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 02:37 PM

7. Interest, costs, attys fees for the Opposing counsel and penalties?

Not sure, but a judgment amount is not just for the actual damages to the plaintiff. There are usually significant costs and if there is amount certain, there may be code or case law that allows for interest on the sum. The biggie quite often is the attorneys fees. I do hope the orange asshole got burned for $19-million! (Bet he does not have enough to pay it!!!)

Reply to this post

Response to TruckFump (Reply #7)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 05:54 PM

12. I will agree that he doesn't have enough to pay for it.

However, that 19 number kept coming up. Just seems like there is something else out there in the ether that is eating on his brain.

Reply to this post

Response to dhol82 (Reply #12)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 06:13 PM

14. Hmmmmmmmm...interesting.

He does get hung up on things. Wonder what is eating the little bit of brain he has.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 02:03 PM

6. Trump is a fn thief.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 02:50 PM

8. Of course, that's not why this was closed.

He took others people's money (had personally paid nothing to this for decades) and used it to pay off Pam Bondi, buy pictures of himself and pay off some of his own campaign debts as well. He stole from sick/dying children for his own benefit is the bottom line.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:37 PM

10. I thought he said this was a big win?

I am so confused.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:41 PM

11. He'll pay the 2 million with campaign donations.

Reply to this post

Response to Garrett78 (Reply #11)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 05:55 PM

13. This!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread