HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Help please: Didn't Trump...

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:14 AM

Help please: Didn't Trump use money from his charity to pay off Florida's Pam Bondi for some favor?

After a while I just can't keep up with all of Trump and company's crimes.

9 replies, 637 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Help please: Didn't Trump use money from his charity to pay off Florida's Pam Bondi for some favor? (Original post)
Botany Nov 8 OP
shraby Nov 8 #1
OneBlueDotBama Nov 8 #2
lark Nov 8 #3
Tanuki Nov 8 #4
Grammy23 Nov 8 #5
Anon-C Nov 8 #6
dalton99a Nov 8 #7
Botany Nov 8 #8
Hermit-The-Prog Nov 8 #9

Response to Botany (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:15 AM

1. I remember reading about it but can't remember the circumstances.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:16 AM

2. $25 K to her campaign...

To drop the Trump U thing, in Florida

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:18 AM

3. Yes, he did.

He gave her $250,000 and she dropped the case when she was AG of FL. She's horrible!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:18 AM

4. Yes, and he got off with a trivial fine for what was a blatant bribe.

He is a career criminal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/01/trump-pays-irs-a-penalty-for-his-foundation-violating-rules-with-gift-to-florida-attorney-general/%3foutputType=amp

"Donald Trump paid the†IRS†a $2,500 penalty this year, an official at Trump's company†said, after†it was revealed†that†Trump's charitable foundation†had violated tax laws†by giving a political contribution to a campaign group†connected to†Florida's attorney general.

The improper donation, a $25,000 gift from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, was made in 2013. At the time,†Attorney General Pam Bondi was considering whether to†
investigate fraud allegations against Trump University. She decided not to pursue the case.

Earlier this year, The Washington Post and a liberal watchdog group raised new questions about the three-year-old gift.†The watchdog group,†Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, filed a complaint with the IRS ó noting that, as a registered nonprofit, the Trump Foundation was not allowed to make political donations."....(more)

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:21 AM

5. All I recall is he made a contribution to her campaign in exchange

for her dropping the investigation into tRump University in Florida. Quid pro quo? Could not say exactly where he found the money but paying out of the tRump Foundation wouldnít surprise me or anyone else.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:24 AM

6. Yep.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-donald-trump-tape-cohen-pam-bondi-20180725-story.html

ďTRUMP: [In background] Good. Let me know whatís happening, okay? Oh, oh. Maybe because of this it would be better if you didnít go, you know? Maybe because of this. For that one, you know ó I think what you should do is get rid of this. Because itís so false what theyíre saying, itís such bulls---. Um. [PAUSE] I think, I think this goes away quickly. I think what ó I think itís probably better to do the Charleston thing, just this time. Uh, yeah. In two weeks, itís fine. I think right now itís, itís better. You know? Okay, hun. You take care of yourself. Thanks, [Unintelligible]. Yup, Iím proud of you. So long. Bye.Ē

----

Where [Unintelligible] is heard to be "Pam" on the actual tape.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:26 AM

7. No collusion - No quid pro quo - It was very beautiful

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #7)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:35 AM

8. And to think "they" made Jimmy sell his peanut farm, impeached Bill for a B.J. and investigated ...

... Hillary for years on what turned out to be nothing.

Reply to this post

Response to Botany (Reply #8)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 02:13 PM

9. all GOPers are for sale

TrumPutin bought Bondi with money he conned from other GOPers.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread