HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Joe Scarborough Shocked b...

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 08:24 AM

Joe Scarborough Shocked by Jeff Sessions' 'Humiliating' Senate Campaign Spot: 'Hostage Tape'

Mediaite article -- video at the link:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-left-speechless-by-jeff-sessions-humiliating-senate-campaign-spot-hostage-tape/

Morning Joe memorialized this moment by first airing Sessions’ campaign announcement video which, quite literally, left host Joe Scarborough head in hand.

-snip-

Look at Jeff Sessions, like Ted Cruz and these other Republicans and get insulted and trashed and their manhood challenged by Donald Trump, and they just — they are quislings, Scarborough said. “I feel like asking the question who are these men?” the Morning Joe host asked, adding “who would humiliate themselves in front of the president and the country like that?”

Priorities USA Chair and Morning Joe guest Guy Cecil put as fine a point as one could imagine, saying that Sessions campaign spot looked like a “hostage tape.”

“. If you are a political consultant and you’re sitting down here and you’re saying, I’m going to launch my campaign for the Senate, I’m going to reintroduce myself to the people of Alabama and I’m going to do it standing in front of a white screen, looking as bad as I possibly could and basically all I’m going to do is lay down before Donald Trump and just hope and pray that he doesn’t stomp on me again, I mean, this is — it’s pretty remarkable. It’s a hostage. He’s sitting there begging,” Cecil added.

4 replies, 829 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Joe Scarborough Shocked by Jeff Sessions' 'Humiliating' Senate Campaign Spot: 'Hostage Tape' (Original post)
highplainsdem Nov 8 OP
dewsgirl Nov 8 #1
Funtatlaguy Nov 8 #2
dewsgirl Nov 8 #3
Cartoonist Nov 8 #4

Response to highplainsdem (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 08:35 AM

2. Former Auburn Coach Tommy Tuberville will beat Sessions and Moore.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 08:35 AM

3. That was me above, I found it. Tried to post the link and

for some reason it's linking to the wrong video.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:19 AM

4. Here's the key

I’m going to reintroduce myself to the people of Alabama
_

That's his audience. Not Joe or Cecil.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread