HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Whistleblower's Attorney...

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 07:37 AM

'Whistleblower's Attorney Warns Trump to 'Cease and Desist' Attacks or Face...

...‘Legal and Ethical Peril’

A lawyer representing the anonymous whistleblower who exposed the Ukraine extortion scandal on Thursday sent the White House Counsel a letter urging him to warn President Donald Trump to “cease and desist” his attacks against his client, and asking him to remind the president he will be in “legal and ethical peril” should the whistleblower or his family be harmed.

I am writing out of deep concern that your client, the President of the United States, is engaging in rhetoric and activity that places my client, the Intelligence Community Whistleblower, and their family in physical danger,’ the letter, published by CNN, reads. “I am writing to respectfully request that you counsel your client on the legal and ethical peril in which he is placing himself should anyone be physically harmed as a result of his, or his surrogates’, behavior.”
----

“Respectfully, your client’s rhetoric and behavior fall well beneath the dignity of the office,” Bakaj added.

“These are not words of an individual with a firm grasp of the significance of the office which he occupies, nor a fundamental understanding of the significance of each word he articulates by virtue of occupying that office,” Bakaj also told Cipollone.
-----
In light of this, it is reasonable to submit that your client’s activity constitutes a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1512, Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant. Furthermore, because my client is a lawful whistleblower and a prospective congressional witness, any threats to influence, obstruct, or impede my client’s cooperation is a violation of 18 U.SC. § 1505, Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees. Finally, reprisal against my client for cooperating with a congressional inquiry would be a violation of 18 U.SC. § 1513, Retaliating against a witness, victim, or an informant.

[link:https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2019/11/whistleblowers-attorney-warns-trump-to-cease-and-desist-attacks-or-face-legal-and-ethical-peril/|]

AS Trump has only ever shown utter contempt for the rule of law I doubt this will do anything to stop his outrageous behaviour, but it is good to get it on record...

7 replies, 1192 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Whistleblower's Attorney Warns Trump to 'Cease and Desist' Attacks or Face... (Original post)
Soph0571 Nov 8 OP
bluedye33139 Nov 8 #1
MagickMuffin Nov 8 #2
Mike 03 Nov 8 #3
coeur_de_lion Nov 8 #4
gordianot Nov 8 #5
B Stieg Nov 8 #6
crickets Nov 8 #7

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 07:46 AM

1. Trump does not comprehend much

“These are not words of an individual with a firm grasp of the significance of the office which he occupies, nor a fundamental understanding of the significance of each word he articulates by virtue of occupying that office" is an understatement!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 07:46 AM

2. They need to send that letter to the @gop leadership

Mitch McConnell aka Moscow Mitch, and Lindsey Graham aka Leningrad Lindsey (especially Lindsey)

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 08:20 AM

3. Kick and rec

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 09:55 AM

4. Happy to see this. Thank you for posting!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 10:21 AM

5. Include Junior he should be charged ASAP.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 10:26 AM

6. Justice kicks back...

as it always will.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 11:55 AM

7. Good to see this. K&R

Reply to this post