HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Women were the first Trum...

Thu Nov 7, 2019, 08:25 AM

Women were the first Trump whistleblowers

Three years ago, before it heard from diplomats, ambassadors and lieutenant colonels — the country heard from a yoga teacher, an actress, a restaurant owner, a makeup artist — and me.

When it comes to Donald Trump, we were the first whistleblowers.

On the eve of the 2016 election, I was among more than a dozen women who came forward about being forcibly grabbed, groped and kissed by Trump. We wanted to warn the country it was in danger of voting for a serial predator.

Trump, of course, called us liars. He attacked our looks. At one pumped-up rally, he said of me: “Look at her. Look at her words. Tell me what you think. I don’t think so!”

We got hate mail, death threats.

And what did he get? The keys to the office once held by Washington, Lincoln and the Roosevelts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/11/06/women-were-first-trump-whistleblowers/

1 replies, 348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Women were the first Trump whistleblowers (Original post)
kpete Nov 7 OP
MissMillie Nov 7 #1

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Nov 7, 2019, 08:41 AM

1. (K & R)

I always wonder how Trump voters would have voted if one of Trump's accusers had been their sister, their daughter, their mother.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread