HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What is and what isn't a ...

Thu Oct 31, 2019, 04:44 PM

What is and what isn't a cult:

When your world-view is inseparable from you as a person... when an attack on your opinion is automatically an attack on you as a person, then you are in a cult.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-loving-evangelicals-whine-about-the-unfairness-of-impeachment-we-represent-a-third-of-the-country/
McClatchy reports that Johnnie Moore, a member of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, told the president during a White House meeting that “they’re trying to impeach us.”

Moore told McClatchy that evangelicals deserve to have Trump remain in office because they “represent a third of the country in some form.” Moore added that “in a democracy, our voice matters, and our voice deserves representation in the public square.”

When reality no longer matters... When you have the truth on your side and everybody else in the world refuses to acknowledge your truth, then you are in a cult.

For example, when Robert Mueller was constantly leaking to the press. Or when the Mueller-report proved that there was no collusion. Or when the Democrats suddenly hated Mueller because he proved Trump to be innocent. Or when the transcript clearly proves that there was no quid pro quo. Or when the testimony of impeachment-witnesses clearly absolves Trump of all wrong-doing.

THERE IS NO NEED TO EVEN LOOK UP WHETHER THAT'S TRUE, BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW IT'S TRUE.

One of my hobbies is Flateartherism. I know cult-behavior when I see it.

2 replies, 340 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What is and what isn't a cult: (Original post)
DetlefK Oct 31 OP
braddy Oct 31 #1
Cary Oct 31 #2

Response to DetlefK (Original post)

Thu Oct 31, 2019, 05:21 PM

1. I know a flat earther, he has a lot of completely goofy but firm beliefs.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DetlefK (Original post)

Thu Oct 31, 2019, 05:23 PM

2. Orange Hitler is a cult leader

I too know cults when I.see them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread