HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » ya know, if i had to pick...

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 11:31 PM

ya know, if i had to pick a dept of the federal govt that did the most good,

while putting up w the least evil, i would have to say the state dept.
throughout all this, i have seen people like micheal mcfaul, and wendy sherman, and their intelligent and moral understanding of wtf is going on in this country, and it has been inspiring to me.
i cant say i have a special knowledge base here, but it seems to me that i have heard an awful lot of stories of u.s. ambassadors, and those of other countries, standing up to tyrants throughout history.
i remember a story about joe wilson appearing in iraq w a noose around his neck, but i dont remember the details. his truth telling to w was a sight to behold.

but i gotta say, i have never appreciated them until i saw masha yovonovich marching through the parking lot, in her pearl and perfect dress.
and the parade of patriots stepping up to tell the truth has blown me away.
i have no idea why the turtle and the rest havent walked down penn ave to tell them it is time to get on the helicopter.
they gotta know they are outgunned, and it is time to fold.

can i hear it for the state dept?
who's got stories?

1 replies, 729 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply ya know, if i had to pick a dept of the federal govt that did the most good, (Original post)
mopinko Oct 30 OP
dawg day Oct 30 #1

Response to mopinko (Original post)

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 11:47 PM

1. I have been pretty appalled that Wray at FBI and Haspel at CIA and Pompeo at State-

Have puttered along happily letting Trump accuse their staff of treason and other crimes just to protect himself...

Pompeo's beyond a hack, of course. But there seems to be utterly no pride even, much less loyalty and responsibility for the agency they run.

As for Turtle-- Rick Wilson said today (and I think he might be right) that McConnell will turn on Trump the moment he thinks he's going to lose the majority in the Senate. McConnell despises Trump and cares only about his own power, so he'll dump Trump if he thinks it will be to his advantage.

All the more reason to support our Senate candidates.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread