HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Spiro Agnew's Lawyer: Mik...

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 08:01 PM

Spiro Agnew's Lawyer: Mike Pence Should Be Worried About Impeachment Too.

'The Constitution provides for impeachment of “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers…”

The current House impeachment inquiry is focused on President Trump’s apparent effort to persuade a foreign government to interfere in the 2020 presidential election–specifically, to press Ukraine’s President Volodymy Zelensky to investigate the leading Democratic contender, Joe Biden. Trump is still the central U.S. civil officer in the spotlight, but now it seems Vice President Pence may be implicated as well.

While the President claims his July call with Zelensky was “perfect,” the House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff describes it as a “shakedown,” and a majority of the House of Representatives now support an impeachment inquiry. Pence, meanwhile, has defended the President, saying, “I think the American people have the right to know if the Vice President of the United States or his family profited from his position as vice president during the last administration.”

While we do not know precisely what Pence knew about Trump’s conversation with Biden or what he said to Zelensky when they met last month, there’s a lot we do know – and it doesn’t look good. Pence was not on the call in which Trump asked Zelensky for a “favor” — a Ukrainian investigation of Joe Biden and his son Hunter — at a time when the U.S. was withholding hundreds of millions of dollars of aid, but one of his top advisers was, and according to the Washington Post, “the vice president should have had access to the transcript within hours.” It was in this context that he flew to Poland in September and reinforced to Zelensky the Trump message that U.S. aid was still being withheld because of concerns about “corruption.”

In the nations’ history, two Presidents have thus far been impeached, but not convicted. No Vice Presidents have ever been impeached.'>>>

https://time.com/5692947/mike-pence-impeachment/?

2 replies, 793 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Spiro Agnew's Lawyer: Mike Pence Should Be Worried About Impeachment Too. (Original post)
elleng Oct 30 OP
babylonsister Oct 30 #1
Nitram Oct 30 #2

Response to elleng (Original post)

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 08:38 PM

1. I am sure he is. They're all

shaken up, or should be if they had any brains.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to elleng (Original post)

Wed Oct 30, 2019, 09:08 PM

2. Excellent point. If enough evidence comes up during the impeachment hearings implicates Pence,

he will he impeached. From what I've been hearing, he's up to his neck in this shit in spite of trying to keep his head down and be invisible.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread