HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Global Millionaires--Just...

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 11:05 PM

Global Millionaires--Just 0.9% of Population--Now Own Nearly Half of World's $361 Trillion in Wealth

Global Millionaires—Just 0.9% of Population—Now Own Nearly Half of World's $361 Trillion in Wealth, Study Shows

The bottom 56 percent of the population owns just 1.8 percent of the world's wealth
?itok=qDhEjcUA

That's according to the annual Global Wealth Report released Monday by Credit Suisse, which found that the number of millionaires in the world grew to 47 million between mid-2018 and mid-2019, with the United States leading the world in both new and total millionaires.
<snip>

Overall, the report shows the world's millionaires now own a combined $158.3 trillion, or 43.9 percent of all global wealth:
- Common Dreams

Be sure to vote republican again, any candidate other than a democrat or just don't vote, if you're in the 56 percentile that owns just 1.8% of the world's wealth. Republicans will thank you oh so handsomely.

5 replies, 414 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Global Millionaires--Just 0.9% of Population--Now Own Nearly Half of World's $361 Trillion in Wealth (Original post)
ffr Oct 22 OP
BigmanPigman Oct 22 #1
cilla4progress Oct 22 #2
California_Republic Oct 22 #3
ritapria Oct 22 #4
appalachiablue Oct 23 #5

Response to ffr (Original post)

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 11:12 PM

1. Someone I know told me that

"Amazon guy didn't pay any taxes" since she just discovered this fact. I think some people are very unaware about what is really going on in the world. People need to wake the fuck up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 11:16 PM

2. How many are Russian

oligarchs?

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 11:26 PM

3. Netflix " The laundry mat " Explains it well

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 11:42 PM

4. As Andrew Yang points out

These sweethearts are planning to replace us with Machines ……..If we declare complain and seek redress, we're smeared as communist radicals who want to transform the United States into a mega-sized version of Castro's Cuba or lazy malcontents who want "free stuff" ……...The reality is obvious : A greedy, amoral clique in this country and around the world want it all; and they're damn close to getting it all …………..Bernie Sanders is the only candidate calling them out and they hate his guts …………...

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 23, 2019, 01:11 AM

5. 2,500 billionaires in the world

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread