HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI): T...

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 11:57 AM

Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI): Today's testimony "my most disturbing day in Congress so far."

The US diplomat who protested against President Trumpís pressuring Ukraine to investigate a political rival in exchange for military aid is testifying on Capitol Hill today in a closed-door session. According to reports, Taylor, who was the top American diplomat in Ukraine after Trumpís ouster of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, is expected to be questioned by House investigators on what he thinks Trumpís motives were in trying to orchestrate a quid pro quo with Ukraineís government.

While details on Taylorís exact testimony are still unknown, Fox News reporter Chad Pergram suggested in a tweet this Tuesday that Taylor is already confirming Democrats worst fears. One of those Democrats, Rep. Andy Levin (MI), was overheard saying, ďItís only noon and this is my most disturbing day in Congress so far.Ē

Taylor became a central figure in President Trumpís Ukraine fiasco after leaked text messages showed him condemning Trumpís push for a quid pro quo.

ďAs I said on the phone, I think itís crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,Ē Taylor wrote in a September 9 text message to former U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Kurt Volker and Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/my-most-disturbing-day-in-congress-so-far-democrat-leaves-us-diplomats-hearing-shaken-by-ukraine-testimony/

2 replies, 705 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI): Today's testimony "my most disturbing day in Congress so far." (Original post)
Miles Archer Oct 2019 OP
dalton99a Oct 2019 #1
2naSalit Oct 2019 #2

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Tue Oct 22, 2019, 12:43 PM

2. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread