HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Matt Drudge, an influenti...

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 03:58 PM

Matt Drudge, an influential figure in conservative media, sours on Trump as he faces impeachment

Cnn panel was just discussing this. I realize that Drudge could change his tune on a dime but can't help but to wonder what the MAGA folks are thinking about this turn (I have not visited his site so have no idea what he is posting).

Matt Drudge, an influential figure in conservative media, sours on Trump as he faces impeachment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/media/matt-drudge-trump-impeachment/index.html

Updated 3:02 PM ET, Wed October 9, 2019

New York (CNN Business)President Donald Trump, facing an ever-deepening scandal that threatens to swallow his presidency, appears to have lost a key ally in conservative media: The Drudge Report.

The narrative-setting news aggregation website, founded in 1995 by Matt Drudge, has spotlighted an overwhelming amount of negative news for the Trump White House in the last several weeks. It's marked a major shift from how the outlet had previously covered the President.

"He's reacting to changing circumstances," a person close to the media mogul, who said Drudge had grown exasperated with Trump, told CNN Business.

Matt Drudge (L) and President Trump

This should worry Trump as he faces an impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives for pushing Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, the leading Democratic presidential contender, and Biden's son Hunter.

In the coming weeks and months, right-wing media will be crucial to whether Trump is able to survive the growing scandal. If he loses support in that space, it would offer Republicans wiggle room to turn on him, which could endanger his presidency.

7 replies, 1136 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Matt Drudge, an influential figure in conservative media, sours on Trump as he faces impeachment (Original post)
riversedge Oct 9 OP
hlthe2b Oct 9 #1
Iliyah Oct 9 #2
empedocles Oct 9 #6
ritapria Oct 9 #3
Skittles Oct 9 #5
Skittles Oct 9 #4
llmart Oct 9 #7

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 04:03 PM

1. Not sure I've even peaked at that site in years... Maybe it is worth a glance...

Can never get enough Trump schadenfreude after all.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 04:07 PM

2. The damm is slowing breaking . . .

Reply to this post

Response to Iliyah (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 06:14 PM

6. It is the breaks on the right that help the most in moving voters away from trump.

Dem campaign aspirations are not moving voters to the Dem side much.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 04:16 PM

3. Is Drudge still a key player In Right Wing Nutland ?

It's my guess that Fox News is much more influential than Drudge .Hannity is still on board with Dear Leader - at least publicly...

Reply to this post

Response to ritapria (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 04:39 PM

5. he is well known to right wing kooks

yes

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 04:38 PM

4. oh look, is the sick fan base FINALLY WAKING UP????

they can STILL all go fuck themselves

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 06:54 PM

7. Not too many want to be on the losing side of history when it comes down to it.

Lot of these so-called "conservative" media people will only turn on Trump when they see the way the wind is blowing. They don't want to be tagged as the ones who helped to bring us this disaster when the ship goes down. However, some of us have really long memories and we won't forget who propped him up and made endless excuses for him.

I think Skittles said it best.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread