HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Felicity Huffman's Costar...

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 01:19 PM

Felicity Huffman's Costar Ricardo Chavira Slams Sentence: 'White Privilege'

Felicity Huffman’s former Desperate Housewives costar Ricardo Antonio Chavira publicly slammed the actress’ 14-day prison sentence for her involvement in the college admissions scandal.

“White Privilege. And I saw Eight years worth of it, so I know what I’m talking about,” Chavira, 48, tweeted in September. “Accountability and Responsibility don’t mean s--- to these people.”

In a second tweet, he continued, “I saw Eight years worth of it working on Housewives. I’ve seen a lifetime of it being a halfbreed, and I’ve struggled w the intricacies of it on a daily basis w all the cultural bias I’ve received on both ends. But whatever. Slap on the wrist. Sorry, but this s---.”

The actor starred as Carlos Solis, the husband of Eva Longoria’s character, Gabrielle Solis, on the ABC mystery comedy-drama, which aired for eight seasons from 2004 to 2012.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/felicity-huffmans-costar-ricardo-chavira-slams-sentence-white-privilege/ar-AAIvAZT?li=BBnb7Kz

3 replies, 656 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Felicity Huffman's Costar Ricardo Chavira Slams Sentence: 'White Privilege' (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 9 OP
Garrett78 Oct 9 #1
leftstreet Oct 9 #2
Niagara Oct 9 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 01:26 PM

1. Speaking truth.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 01:31 PM

2. A truly white privileged person wouldn't have been charged

How many millions do wealthy elite families spend giving endowments and buildings to universities to get their kids enrolled?

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 02:00 PM

3. I absolutely adore Ricardo Antonio Chavira

Not only is he a brilliant actor, but he's also a down to earth and humble guy. Because he lost his mother from breast and ovarian cancer when he was 15 years of age, he helps raise awareness for several health conditions, including AIDS and cancer awareness. Keep fighting the good fight, Ricardo!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread