HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » White House says it will ...

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 08:29 PM

White House says it will not cooperate with House impeachment inquiry; Democrats to subpoena State D

The White House said Tuesday that it will not cooperate with House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, ratcheting up tensions between the legislative and executive branches amid an outcry from Democrats that the Trump administration is stonewalling their investigations.

Trump personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani said earlier Tuesday that he would not cooperate with House investigators and that he “can’t imagine” that anyone from the Trump administration would appear before a Democratic-led panel investigating the president.

Giuliani’s comments came hours after the State Department blocked a scheduled deposition by Gordon Sondland, a key figure in the Ukraine controversy, prompting three House committee chairmen to announce that they would issue a subpoena.

The Democrats said they viewed the move as “obstruction of the impeachment inquiry,” while President Trump sought to justify it by calling the House committees investigating him a “kangaroo court.”

Meanwhile, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said he would invite Giuliani to appear before his panel to testify about “corruption and other improprieties involving Ukraine” — a prospect that Senate Democrats said they would welcome.

●Poll: Majority of Americans say they endorse opening of House impeachment inquiry of Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-live-updates/2019/10/08/55dd0b64-e94c-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html?wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

2 replies, 240 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply White House says it will not cooperate with House impeachment inquiry; Democrats to subpoena State D (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 8 OP
FirstLight Oct 8 #1
bdamomma Oct 8 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 08:51 PM

1. I'm so fucking sick of this back & forth BULLSHIT

The House needs to get more aggressive, IMO... If the majority of Americans are supportive, doesn't that say something?

I understand the need for proper protocol...but this stalling crap by the DOJ & WH is just making them look weak.

There's enough to impeach on public record, including his own damn statements... fucking nail his ass already!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 08:54 PM

2. I think we

the people should mobilize and get to DC, to get this is POS out!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread