HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I thought this bit about ...

Mon Sep 16, 2019, 06:52 AM

I thought this bit about Iran was something that would fade into obscurity. I was too optimistic.

I know Trump would LIKE to invade Iran, but I'm sure the joint chiefs have let him know that that is one war he would not only not win, but kill a few dozen thousand Americans before he realized it--not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Iranians he wants notched on his six-gun.

My only consolation--and hope--is that Republicans have usually been cowards. They talk big and swagger, but they only really attack countries they THINK won't shoot back (Iraq was a miscalculation, not a departure from S.O.P.). No one is under the illusion that Iran would not shoot back.

3 replies, 505 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I thought this bit about Iran was something that would fade into obscurity. I was too optimistic. (Original post)
DFW Sep 16 OP
Wounded Bear Sep 16 #1
no_hypocrisy Sep 16 #2
DFW Sep 16 #3

Response to DFW (Original post)

Mon Sep 16, 2019, 07:19 AM

1. K & R...for visibility...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DFW (Original post)

Mon Sep 16, 2019, 07:25 AM

2. Trump's idea war:

Invade and bombs away. No American casualties. We leave in triumph, leaving behind a martinet government that is controlled by the WH.

Reply to this post

Response to no_hypocrisy (Reply #2)

Mon Sep 16, 2019, 07:35 AM

3. He might as well wait for Godot or the tooth fairy.

But it would be no use to point that out to him, of course.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread