HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » New Photos Emerge of Falw...

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 04:40 PM

New Photos Emerge of Falwell at Miami Nightclub

FilthyMouthedHat Retweeted

Lying about photos and slandering a photographer is cause for dismissal. If Jerry Falwell Jr. is still president of Christian college Liberty University next week, the word “Christian” holds zero value.

New Photos Emerge of Falwell at Miami Nightclub
Owner of Miami nightlife website finds additional images rebutting Jerry Falwell Jr.’s claims of photoshopping.

By BRANDON AMBROSINO September 10, 2019

Brandon Ambrosino is a writer living in Delaware. His articles have appeared in the New York Times, Boston Globe and the BBC, among other outlets.

One day after POLITICO published a piece in which Jerry Falwell Jr. denied visiting a Miami Beach nightclub in July 2014 and alleged that any images showing such were “photo-shopped,” a new trove of photos showing Falwell at the club has been released.

Seth Browarnik, the owner of World Red Eye, a photography company that documents Miami’s bustling nightlife scene, says he was unaware how many photos he had of Falwell until Falwell alleged that his site’s images were manipulated—prompting Browarnik to explore his photo archive to prove otherwise.

On Tuesday, Browarnik published the newly unearthed photos on his website, WorldRedEye.com, along with a strongly worded “rebuke” of Falwell’s claim of photoshopping.

“First things first,” Browarnik told me over the phone, “we didn’t even know [Falwell] was in the photos. Number one! Finding him in the crowd is like a ‘Where’s Waldo?’”

Browarnik lives high up in a South Beach skyrise, from which he can see the Falwell-owned Miami Hostel. Not that the owners of the flophouse crossed Browarnik’s mind that often. He didn’t even know his company had taken any photos of Liberty University’s first family partying at Wall, a Miami Beach nightclub, until he saw them identified in the piece published by POLITICO yesterday.

“All of a sudden, I scroll down and say, ‘Oh my god!’” Browarnik said.

25 replies, 3543 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 25 replies Author Time Post
Reply New Photos Emerge of Falwell at Miami Nightclub (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Sep 11 OP
Wounded Bear Sep 11 #1
Act_of_Reparation Sep 11 #2
Pendrench Sep 11 #4
Act_of_Reparation Sep 11 #5
Gore1FL Sep 11 #20
Pendrench Sep 12 #22
Thomas Hurt Sep 11 #3
3Hotdogs Sep 11 #12
blugbox Sep 11 #6
Sneederbunk Sep 11 #7
matt819 Sep 11 #8
keithbvadu2 Sep 11 #9
SpankMe Sep 11 #10
malaise Sep 11 #11
StarfishSaver Sep 11 #13
Scurrilous Sep 11 #14
pbmus Sep 11 #15
boston bean Sep 11 #16
TlalocW Sep 11 #18
HipChick Sep 11 #19
Miigwech Sep 11 #17
JohnnyRingo Sep 11 #21
mahatmakanejeeves Sep 12 #23
mahatmakanejeeves Sep 12 #24
Recursion Sep 12 #25

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 04:48 PM

1. "Christian" hasn't held a lot of value with me in many years...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 04:49 PM

2. The word "Christian" has almost no propositional value.

It means you follow Jesus.

It doesn't mean you don't go to nightclubs, or that you don't lie about going to nightclubs, or slander photographers who take pictures of you in nightclubs. When it comes to behavior, being "Christian" has virtually no predictive power whatsoever. Maybe we should stop pretending that it does.

Reply to this post

Response to Act_of_Reparation (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 04:58 PM

4. Hi Act_of_Reparation - Excellent point!

I'm in complete agreement.

I am a Christian, and that simply means that I believe in the divinity of Christ...that belief does not make me a good person, and it certainly doesn't make me a better person than anyone else.

I should be judged by how I act and how I treat others - not on my beliefs.

Wishing you well and peace.

Tim

Reply to this post

Response to Pendrench (Reply #4)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 05:00 PM

5. Right on.

Reply to this post

Response to Pendrench (Reply #4)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 07:41 PM

20. I like the cut of your jib.

I don't know why, but I found your post, for lack of a better word, inspiring. If this interaction is your norm, I suspect you are judged positively most often.

Reply to this post

Response to Gore1FL (Reply #20)

Thu Sep 12, 2019, 09:40 AM

22. Hi Gore1FL - thank you for your kind words.

If that's the case, I give all credit to my parents.

Thank you again - wishing you well and peace

Tim

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 04:56 PM

3. wow, this is almost as good Ted Haggard's Boy Toy incident.

Obviously, like Ted, Falwell is there to spread the gospel and save the heathens from themselves. (wink,wink)

Reply to this post

Response to Thomas Hurt (Reply #3)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:27 PM

12. Now, I ain't sayin' the Boy Toy and the Pool Boy are gay,

but if they were, it would be the job of Jerry and Teddikins to take them aside and point them to Jesus's way.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 05:06 PM

6. Maybe I'm reaching here, but of course...

Even the name of the club they were partying at... Wall.

Disgusting and hypocritical

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 05:17 PM

7. He should get ready to go full Jimmy Swaggart

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 05:29 PM

8. Hahahahahaha

One more thing: Hahahahahahaha.

PS. Lololololololololololololol.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 05:55 PM

9. 'Proselytizing', Jerry... Try the word 'proselytizing'.

'Proselytizing', Jerry... Try the word 'proselytizing'.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:23 PM

10. Hypocrisy in the evangelical community? Say it ain't so!!! n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:25 PM

11. Was the pool boy in any of the photos?

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:30 PM

13. I thought your headline was lead-in to a joke

Well, considering who you're talking about, it kind of is, I guess ..

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:33 PM

14. K&R

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:41 PM

15. More like Jim Bakker everyday...

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:43 PM

16. The guy is a piece of shit, but what is the big deal about him being at a nightclub.

Reply to this post

Response to boston bean (Reply #16)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:54 PM

18. It's partly a cover-up is worse than the crime thing

He's in charge of a university that will not only give demerits to students if they're seen dancing but also monetarily fine them, and to be in such a den of iniquity is not a good image for him to cultivate.

TlalocW

Reply to this post

Response to boston bean (Reply #16)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:54 PM

19. Lie and Deny..

That's a big deal in his line of work...

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 06:49 PM

17. Trying to make converts?

HaaaaaaaHaaaaa ... rofl: :

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 08:00 PM

21. kick

Now I have to watch the next episode of The Righteous Gemstones tonight for perspective.

Everybody loves to see a lying sleazeball hypocrite get taken down. I would pay money for a vial full of Jim & Tammy Faye Baker's tears.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 12, 2019, 10:34 AM

23. Falwell: I Never Said I Wasn't At That Miami Nightclub. I Was Only There 30 Minutes To Hear Music.

Falwell: I Never Said I Wasn’t At That Miami Nightclub And I Was Only There 30 Minutes To Hear The Music
September 11, 2019

The Christian Post reports:

A photographer has pushed back against any suggestion that images he captured of Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. at a Miami Beach nightclub in July 2014 were photo-shopped as the Christian college leader admitted Wednesday to being at the club for about 30 minutes.

In a statement to Politico, Jerry Falwell allegedly denied the existence of any photo of him at the club in an in-depth report by LU graduate Ambrosino that purports to paint a “culture of fear and self-dealing at the largest Christian college in the world.”

“There was no picture snapped of me at WALL nightclub or any other nightclub,” Falwell told the publication. “I’m sure you already knew that though.” In a tweet on Wednesday Falwell admitted he was at the nightclub but didn’t back away from his claim that the photos of him at the nightclub were likely fake.

-- -- -- -- --

Just for the record, I never denied going into a club with my family to listen to music for about 30 minutes years ago. I only denied I asked anyone to scrub pics of me. I never knew of any pics until a week ago DUH. LU’s lawyers and criminal authorities will go after the leakers

So it wasn't photo-shopped?

Maybe it was photoshopped, I don’t know. But you’re missing the point: I never denied I was there 5 years ago. #FactsMatter

It was not photo-shopped, as @worldREDEYE made clear.

And your point is?

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 12, 2019, 10:44 AM

24. Liberty University's Jerry Falwell Jr. says he was target of 'attempted coup' related to Trump

Last edited Thu Sep 12, 2019, 05:29 PM - Edit history (3)

I hope one of his attorneys is a Jew.

Stop hating! I was referring to Roy Moore's wife's proud claim that one of Roy Moore's attorneys was a Jew:

Kayla Moore: 'One of our attorneys is a Jew'
786 views•Published on Dec 12, 2017

AFP news agency
458K subscribers

Kayla Moore, wife of Roy Moore, speaks out at a rally about their views on Jewish people, as she denies anti-semitism.

Falwell tells @sarah_rankin and @AlanSuderman Liberty has hired "the meanest lawyer in New York" to respond to the Politico piece.

He also calls the reporter "a little boy"

Falwell said he has evidence that disgruntled former board members and employees improperly shared emails with reporters in a "criminal" smear campaign. He said the "attempted coup" was partially motivated by his ardent backing of President Donald Trump.

Liberty University's Jerry Falwell Jr. says he was target of 'attempted coup' related to Trump, asks for FBI probe
By SARAH RANKIN AND ALAN SUDERMAN The Associated Press Sep 10, 2019

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. said Tuesday that he is asking the FBI to investigate what he called a “criminal” smear campaign orchestrated against him by several disgruntled former board members and employees.

Falwell told The Associated Press he has evidence that the group improperly shared emails belonging to the university with reporters in an attempt to discredit him. He said the “attempted coup” was partially motivated by his ardent backing of President Donald Trump.

Falwell, head of the nation’s most high-profile evangelical college, was among the earliest Christian conservatives to endorse Trump’s campaign.

His allegations come after the publication of a story in Politico Magazine on Monday that alleged Falwell “presides over a culture of self-dealing” at Liberty that has improperly benefited him and his family. The story cited unnamed sources described as current and former officials or Falwell associates.

“I’m not going to dignify the lies that were reported yesterday with a response, but I am going to the authorities and I am going to civil court,” Falwell said, referring to the reporter as a “little boy.”

He added that Liberty has hired “the meanest lawyer in New York,” whom he declined to identify, to pursue civil cases. Falwell also declined to identify the people he said were spreading the emails.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Liberty University Retweeted

Liberty's Falwell says he's target of 'attempted coup'

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 12, 2019, 11:56 AM

25. My absolute favorite part of this

is that Falwell doubled down on putting his integrity up against the photographer's. Now, the photog is something of a sleazeball paparazzo whose career is mostly based on getting upskirts of celebrities and socialites, but the thing is part of that business is he has to be extremely meticulous about where and when each shot was taken, and who was verifiably at that event. He's got pages of documentation for every shot he took. So Falwell tries to make this a character contest, and manages to lose to this guy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread