HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A truly heartbreaking tal...

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 09:29 AM

A truly heartbreaking tale...clueless Trump ass-kissing thug Hannity lobbied for Newt as VP, but...

But Trump had told an adviser that Gingrich’s vetting packet contained some terrifying details, and the former reality TV star said the background check “makes mine look tame” in comparison.

Trump juggled Pence, Gingrich and former New Jersey governor Chris Christie until the last minute, although Politico Magazine reported that Christie was his third choice.

The Republican candidate ultimately chose Pence because he was impressed by his nonchalance during a final meeting that served as a job interview, but not until he met a final time with Gingrich.

Fox News host Sean Hannity had flown Gingrich, his preferred candidate, to Indianapolis at the last minute to meet with Trump after sensing the GOP candidate was leaning in another direction.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-chose-pence-over-gingrich-for-vp-because-newts-background-check-was-terrifying-report/

4 replies, 546 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply A truly heartbreaking tale...clueless Trump ass-kissing thug Hannity lobbied for Newt as VP, but... (Original post)
Miles Archer Sep 11 OP
dawg day Sep 11 #1
tanyev Sep 11 #2
FakeNoose Sep 11 #4
dawg day Sep 11 #3

Response to Miles Archer (Original post)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 09:35 AM

1. I don't like Gingrich but....

I doubt his "background" could be worse than Epstein buddy predator Trump.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 09:37 AM

2. LOL, a Trump/Gingrich ticket wouldn't have lasted very long.

Gingrich would have immediately started acting like he was the top of the ticket, and Donald Trump would not be having any of that.

Reply to this post

Response to tanyev (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 09:49 AM

4. And THAT's the real reason the Grinch wasn't chosen

Chump would never pick another glory-hog to share his limelight. There can be only one, and that's Chump. As little attention as Mike Pence gets, Chump still resents it when he's not getting ALL the attention.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 11, 2019, 09:38 AM

3. And wasn't Pence Manafort's candidate?

Wasn't there something about Manafort delaying the flight so that Trump had to spend more time with pence?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread