HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alleged Christchurch mosq...

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 03:09 PM

Alleged Christchurch mosque gunman sends letter from prison cell

Source: CNN

Alleged Christchurch mosque gunman sends letter from prison cell

By Mitch McCluskey and Tara John, CNN
Updated 1500 GMT (2300 HKT) August 14, 2019

(CNN) New Zealand's prison authority has acknowledged it made a mistake in allowing the alleged Christchurch mosque attacker to send a letter, which then surfaced on 4chan, an online message board known for hosting the views of white supremacists.

In a statement released Wednesday, New Zealand's Department of Corrections admitted that the message, written by Brenton Tarrant from his prison cell, should have been withheld.

Most of the six-page screed appeared to be mundane, but the 28-year-old took the opportunity to reassert his anti-immigrant views.

"I have no concern about myself and I only worry for Europe's future," Tarrant wrote. "I only hope our people can survive the coming demographic shift."

The letter was sent to an address in Russia, a country which Tarrant also wrote at length about, before it was posted to 4chan.

-snip-

Read more: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/14/asia/brenton-tarrant-letter-prison-intl/index.html

2 replies, 383 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alleged Christchurch mosque gunman sends letter from prison cell (Original post)
Eugene Aug 14 OP
blugbox Aug 14 #1
Maru Kitteh Aug 14 #2

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 03:49 PM

1. The same trifecta AGAIN

white supremacist mass shooters, Russia, and 4chan...

These themes are beginning to form a pattern

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 07:49 PM

2. . . . .

sigh . . . .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread