HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » OH-10: Dayton Democrat la...

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:35 PM

OH-10: Dayton Democrat launches challenge to longtime GOP rep

Desiree Tims, a local activist from Dayton, Ohio, who formerly served as an aide to Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), on Wednesday will be launching a challenge for Rep. Michael Turner's (R-Ohio) congressional seat.

Tims's campaign said she will announce her candidacy for the state's 10th Congressional District at a morning press conference. The campaign will mark Tims's first run for public office.

In prepared remarks for her campaign launch, Tims attacks Turner for failing to provide "safety and security" for Dayton families with gun control legislation in the wake of a mass shooting that devastated the city earlier this month and left nine people dead.

I stand here as a lifelong Daytonian, grieving for the lives that have been ended or changed by the mass shooting just a few days ago," she states in the remarks. "Our community is still healing from this tragedy, and it is, sadly enough, one that could have been prevented."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/457356-dayton-democrat-launches-challenge-to-turner%3famp

4 replies, 258 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply OH-10: Dayton Democrat launches challenge to longtime GOP rep (Original post)
RandySF Aug 14 OP
True Blue American Aug 14 #1
NewJeffCT Aug 14 #2
FarPoint Aug 14 #3
Wounded Bear Aug 14 #4

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:37 PM

1. I can vote! Whee!

But didnít you hear? Mikeís daughter had to run for her life. She was there in the Oregon District. He changed his mind, is now for gun control!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:42 PM

2. Georgetown law grad

Georgetown also produced Mazie Hirono, Dick Durbin and Ted Lieu, among others.

Turner won by 34% in 2014, 32% in 2016, but by under 14% in 2018. So, trending the right direction.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 03:12 PM

3. I'm on board to support Desiree....

Best candidate in 10 years to run against this failure of a US Congressman...that be Turner...

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 03:13 PM

4. The more the merrier!

Turn Ohio blue!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread