HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Taking a swipe at abortio...

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 01:52 PM

Taking a swipe at abortion, Republican argues that rape and incest aren't all that bad.

https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/14/steve-king-abortion-rape-incest-westside-conservative-iowa-representative-birth-iowa-civilization/2007230001/

U.S. Rep. Steve King told the Westside Conservative Club Wednesday that humanity might not exist if not for rape and incest throughout human history.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

Just because a conception happened in bad circumstances doesn't mean the result isn't a person, King, who is Catholic, argued.

"It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother," he said.

King went over his positions on abortion and a variety of other issues including immigration, guns and more when he talked to a group of 50 people at the Machine Shed in Urbandale at a breakfast meeting.

Just so we can get this straight:
* The party that deports people who were brought illegally into the US as children and who grew up in the US, argues that we shouldn't punish children for the sins of their parents.
* The party that separates children from their parents and then blames the parents for coming to the US in the first place, argues that we shouldn't punish children for the sins of their parents.

4 replies, 382 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Taking a swipe at abortion, Republican argues that rape and incest aren't all that bad. (Original post)
DetlefK Aug 14 OP
TheRealNorth Aug 14 #1
dalton99a Aug 14 #2
geardaddy Aug 14 #3
Newest Reality Aug 14 #4

Response to DetlefK (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:07 PM

1. Did anyone get this on tape?

Shame if we didn't - it would be great footage for 2020 campaign ads.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TheRealNorth (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:20 PM

2. It's at the link above

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:38 PM

3. I would be surprise if he's raped someone in his lifetime.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 02:46 PM

4. Sigh!

Too bad there isn't a mandatory test for how delusional a person is, (or their capacity to think and behave as such) before they can hold any office in Government.

We can certainly presume King's test results.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread