HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'Not foreign policy': Dem...

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 12:42 PM

'Not foreign policy': Democrats blast Trump's tepid Hong Kong response

Democrats on Tuesday criticized President Donald Trump over his response to the recent unrest in Hong Kong, where protesters clashed with police in riot gear in the city's main airport terminal.

Asked by a reporter if the Chinese should show restraint against the demonstrators, Trump said "the Hong Kong thing is a very tough situation. Weíll see what happens. But Iím sure itíll work out. I hope it works out for everybody, including China, by the way. I hope it works out for everybody."

He also called it "a very tricky situation. I think itíll work out. And I hope it works out for liberty. I hope it works out for everybody, including China. I hope it works out peacefully. I hope nobody gets hurts. I hope nobody gets killed."

Rep. Seth Moulton, D-Mass., tweeted, "These answers show that Trump doesnít know about the situation in Hong Kong and doesnít care. He sounds like he got cold-called to talk about homework he didnít do. Americaís commander in chief is asleep at the wheel and the whole world is worse for it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/not-foreign-policy-democrats-blast-trumps-tepid-hong-kong-response/ar-AAFLbMd?li=BBnb7Kz

Can you imagine how the Republicans would be shitting themselves if he gave the kind of response Trump has given?

1 replies, 218 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Not foreign policy': Democrats blast Trump's tepid Hong Kong response (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Aug 14 OP
SWBTATTReg Aug 14 #1

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 01:00 PM

1. Coward. Anybody could walk over this coward, anybody. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread