HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » KRUGMAN: What looks like ...

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 12:21 PM

KRUGMAN: What looks like raw ignorance and prejudice is, in fact, raw ignorance and prejudice

@paulkrugman
Amazing how many people have spent time trying to project some rationality onto Trump trade policy. What looks like raw ignorance and prejudice is, in fact, raw ignorance and prejudice

@MichaelRStrain
"Events are making the post hoc rationalizations about Trump’s trade regime — that he is actually a radical free trader using tariffs to make trade even more free in the future — increasingly unpersuasive."

My latest Bloomberg column: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-08-14/u-s-businesses-are-stuck-in-trade-war-uncertainty … @bopinion

3 replies, 589 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply KRUGMAN: What looks like raw ignorance and prejudice is, in fact, raw ignorance and prejudice (Original post)
kpete Aug 14 OP
struggle4progress Aug 14 #1
SWBTATTReg Aug 14 #2
Jim__ Aug 14 #3

Response to kpete (Original post)

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 12:36 PM

1. "I shot the sheriff! But I swear it was to show my respect and support for LEOs!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 01:11 PM

2. Governing by bullying etc. doesn't work. rump has no bite, no economic policy, nothing other ...

than his own pockets (cutting taxes) and nothing else.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 14, 2019, 01:20 PM

3. Turns out, Trump really is an idiot!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread