HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is it possible China is w...

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 10:56 PM

Is it possible China is willing to allow a world recession just to get Trump out?

There is no way they are going to allow Trump to win this trade war and because they don't have to worry about losing power, they don't have nearly as much to lose. Trump is fucking up our economy and theirs and I am sure they have decide in the long run it would be better to take Trump down even if that means a worldwide economic slowdown. Trump gets tossed out and then everything can go back to normal hopefully. Unfortunately it's possible we may NEVER get some of the markets with China back that have recently gone to other countries like Australia and India etc.

I am curious what people are thinking is going on in the game of chess that Trump is obviously losing? What do you see as China's long term gameplan?

20 replies, 992 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is it possible China is willing to allow a world recession just to get Trump out? (Original post)
Quixote1818 Aug 12 OP
J_William_Ryan Aug 12 #1
not_the_one Aug 12 #2
mr_lebowski Aug 12 #3
Blue_true Aug 12 #13
ooky Tuesday #17
Blue_true Tuesday #20
Hoyt Aug 12 #4
real Cannabis calm Aug 12 #5
real Cannabis calm Aug 12 #10
napi21 Aug 12 #6
Downtown Hound Aug 12 #11
Blue_true Aug 12 #15
alwaysinasnit Aug 12 #7
kysrsoze Aug 12 #12
alwaysinasnit Aug 12 #14
Blue_true Aug 12 #16
alwaysinasnit Tuesday #18
Downtown Hound Aug 12 #8
Blue_true Aug 12 #9
Quemado Tuesday #19

Response to Quixote1818 (Original post)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:00 PM

1. Works for me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:02 PM

2. I firmly believe a world wide recession would cause less harm

than a second term of turdface.

No matter what, sacrifices have to be made to get him out.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:05 PM

3. Waiting him out and making it a point to hurt red states is a logical strategy ...

However they may underestimate how far gone most red-state folk are ... here's a hint, China: Think N. Korean subjects. You'll be on the right track!

Reply to this post

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #3)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:41 PM

13. China just hurting red farm states may be enough.

Trump can't keep raiding the treasury to help farmers, soon that will turn off republican leaning suburbs of big cities because food prices for them will go up when they should not.

China's biggest problem now and near term is Hong Kong. If China gets heavy handed there, they risk helping Trump. I believe that China likely has decided that unless Trump abandons his stance on most trade, it is better off with him getting defeated and the country taking it's chances with someone else. On trade there is only one way out for Trump, give China most of what it demands and take minor window dressing give ups in return. President Obama was isolating China in Asia, Trump has given China new power by causing Asian nations to develop trade partnerships with China, particularly in agriculture, but also in manufacturing - with those countries acting as a front for Chinese companies.

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_true (Reply #13)

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 12:08 AM

17. Sometime before the election I expect him to end the trade war with a big whopping lie

declaring that "he has won it" - and his idiot supporters will believe it - just long enough to meet his objective to get another 4 years of squatting in the White House.

Reply to this post

Response to ooky (Reply #17)

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 06:02 PM

20. When our side vote in unison, the deplorable can't beat us.

They beat us when we self-destruct as we did in 2000 and 2016 with some socalled progressives casting stupid-assed "protest" votes.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:06 PM

4. trump has really stepped in crud. This will not be good for anyone, yet GOPers back him.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:06 PM

5. Xi Jinping is wealthy enough to benefit from worldwide economic collapse.

Trump lies about his personal wealth and cannot be trusted by ANYONE!

Reply to this post

Response to real Cannabis calm (Reply #5)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:35 PM

10. and Trump challenged Xi Jinping with his "trade war" But:

Xi Jinping probably forgave all his rivals in China and will forgive Trump - or back down from the punk.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:16 PM

6. My bet is on China. I think they would allow almost anything as long as they ultimately win!

Our liar THINKS he's the strong one in this trade war. Because he never reads, & doesn't know history, he doesn't know he's wrong.

I feel like a traitor saying I hope China wins, but I'll take any method that causes DT to lose the election.

Reply to this post

Response to napi21 (Reply #6)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:37 PM

11. You're not a traitor

Getting Trump out by whatever means necessary is the most patriotic thing you can do. I used to root for the Iraqi insurgency, not because I hate America, not because I wanted U.S. soldiers to die, but because I recognized that the neocons winning would have been the most disastrous thing that could possibly happen to the United States. If they had been successful in Iraq, many more people, both U.S. soldiers and foreign civilians would have been killed as they attempted to reshape the entire Middle East. Their failure was ultimately America's blessing. Too bad it cost so many U.S. soldiers's lives, but that's the fault of Bush and the neocons. And had they been successful, it ultimately would have cost even more soldiers their lives.

But it's the Republicans that have put us in this situation. They are so bad for America and the world that the only thing left for true patriots to do is to work for their defeat, even if it means doing or supporting some unsavory things.

Reply to this post

Response to napi21 (Reply #6)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:46 PM

15. Don't take this wrong.

But I have found Chinese people to be more nationalistic than say Russians or South Koreans. Even if the government didn't rule with an iron fist, Chinese people would likely back their country, that make sledding for Trump in a fight with China even rougher. We surely won't back Trump unless our best interests are clear (and so far they aren't).

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:27 PM

7. I could be totally wrong but I'm guessing that both China and Russia are working to topple

the US's hegemony by helping 45 trash our economy, democracy, and world standing, including destruction of alliances we have built with other countries, and thereby isolating us from potential assistance from these former allies.

Reply to this post

Response to alwaysinasnit (Reply #7)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:38 PM

12. I agree, only Putin is pretending to be Pres Assface's friend, and/or has lots of kompromat material

Reply to this post

Response to kysrsoze (Reply #12)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:41 PM

14. Yup, 45 is turning out to be a very useful idiot.

Reply to this post

Response to alwaysinasnit (Reply #7)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:51 PM

16. Not only Russia.

Putin is playing a cynical game. China is playing for keeps and are check mating us around the world right now. They are in South America big, in Africa big. They make deals with the locals and infuse money. They are now in control of the vast amount of critical resources like rare metals and minerals, all thanks to Trump. China is not fucking around, we are being held hostage by a clown.

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_true (Reply #16)

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 12:33 AM

18. Agreed. And 45 either doesn't know, or couldn't care less that he is selling us down the river

so long as he makes money in the process.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:30 PM

8. China? Hell, I'm willing to allow it.

Bill Maher said it best: "A recession is survivable. Trump is not."

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 11:31 PM

9. There is going to be a big recession regardless of what China does.

My guess is China is more concerned with building relationships with the rest of the world than they are with taking Trump down electorally, though the former accomplishes the latter for China and they surely know that.

I think Great Britian crashing into a no deal Brexit is a bigger threat for the world economy, since the fourth largest economy in the world will rapidly unravel and take associations with it.

Reply to this post

Tue Aug 13, 2019, 05:57 AM

19. If a takes a recession to get Trump out, that is OK with me.

And, it might take a recession to get Trump out.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread