HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Conservative Pundit S.E. ...

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 02:59 PM

Conservative Pundit S.E. Cupp Quits The NRA, Makes Powerful Plea For Gun Control

Conservative commentator S.E. Cupp, a longtime NRA advocate once featured as an “NRA Mom” in an ad campaign, said she has quit the organization in an emotional call for stronger gun control laws.
Cupp specifically called for universal background checks, gun violence restraining orders, raising the minimum age for gun purchases to 21, banning 100-round drums, fixing the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and mental health programs in schools.

And she said some people, including domestic abusers and those who make violent threats, “should never have access to a gun of any kind, period.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/s-e-cupp-quits-nra-gun-control_n_5d50c0dae4b0fd2733f23c00?fbclid=IwAR3Hu8PIndqueeXEhjKA13wLy3OTvnZSZ-Tk2ieJR_s_w5KQDvMtwPhGOUI

3 replies, 497 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Conservative Pundit S.E. Cupp Quits The NRA, Makes Powerful Plea For Gun Control (Original post)
SharonAnn Aug 12 OP
maxsolomon Aug 12 #1
Leith Aug 12 #2
Javaman Aug 12 #3

Response to SharonAnn (Original post)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 03:06 PM

1. Whatever gets them there.

Welcome to reality, Sippy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 03:11 PM

2. Even a broken clock

is right twice a day. It doesn't mean that she is any smarter than she ever was.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 03:36 PM

3. wait a second, you are saying that a republican actually called for something

good for society without them first being directly affected by what they are talking about????

I mean, for years the repuke credo was, "if it doesn't effect me, it doesn't exist".

NOW have seen it all.

we are indeed through the looking glass.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread