HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Jeffrey Epstein's Opaque ...

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:22 PM

Jeffrey Epstein's Opaque Finances Could Become Focal Point for Investigators

COLUMBUS, Ohio ó The money, tens of millions of dollars of it, would flow among Jeffrey Epsteinís dozens of bank accounts, shell companies and, at times, charities linked to high-powered friends.

Where was the money going? What was it for? Who was actually sending and receiving it?

A convicted pedophile and accused sex trafficker who surrounded himself with an elite network of business and political leaders, Mr. Epstein enjoyed the trappings of great wealth: private jets, mansions, his own island. But much remains unknown about the sources of his wealth.

Legions of lawyers, bankers and accountants have been trying in recent weeks to solve that mystery, and their quest is unlikely to end after Mr. Epstein was found dead on Saturday morning. The answers could illuminate how Mr. Epstein allegedly operated a long-running sex-trafficking operation, whether he had help from others and who ó including Mr. Epsteinís victims ó will receive any of his remaining assets. It is not known if Mr. Epstein had a will.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jeffrey-epsteins-opaque-finances-could-become-focal-point-for-investigators/ar-AAFEZl7?li=BBnb7Kz

5 replies, 389 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jeffrey Epstein's Opaque Finances Could Become Focal Point for Investigators (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Aug 12 OP
Faux pas Aug 12 #1
mr_lebowski Aug 12 #2
Mike 03 Aug 12 #3
empedocles Aug 12 #4
CatMor Aug 12 #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:26 PM

1. May I suggest

blackmail and 'handling' fees.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:34 PM

2. Wonder if Russia will have the temerity to ask for some of their money back?

Personally I think they funded him and protected him in order to gather Kompromat on influential actors around the world.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:38 PM

3. Ghislaine Maxwell knows something

More than where the money was going or what it was used for, I want to know where it came from in the first place. He was a "hedge fund manager" that nobody ever heard of, supposedly doing currency trades--and none of the big currency traders ever heard of him either.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:46 PM

4. Imo, the focal point should be to identify everyone in, on dismissing the [survival] guards.

Every possible person involved.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:56 PM

5. It is a real mystery where his millions came from ...

I have read many articles about him but couldn't figure out how he got the money to live his lifestyle. He apparently spent his time going to all his different properties but never working. Where was that money coming from.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread