HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ocasio-Cortez confronts M...

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 08:52 PM

Ocasio-Cortez confronts McConnell over photo of men choking cutout of her (The Guardian)

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has condemned Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell after a picture on social media showed seven men in “Team Mitch” shirts appearing to grope and choke a cardboard cutout of the Democratic congresswoman, with the caption: “Break me off a piece of that.”
Trump attacks Obama after his call to reject hateful language – live updates

In a message to McConnell on Twitter, Ocasio-Cortez wrote:

Hey @senatemajldr - “These young men look like they work for you. Just wanted to clarify: are you paying for young men to practice groping and choking members of Congress w/ your payroll, or is this just the standard culture of #TeamMitch? Thanks.”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC)
August 6, 2019

Crude photo:
https://t.co/ysRJuwonUx

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/06/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-mitch-mcconnell-photo-cutout

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like it is time for an ethics hearing.

2 replies, 610 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ocasio-Cortez confronts McConnell over photo of men choking cutout of her (The Guardian) (Original post)
mysteryowl Aug 6 OP
MontanaMama Aug 6 #1
GemDigger Aug 6 #2

Response to mysteryowl (Original post)

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 08:54 PM

1. AOC.

Kicking ass and taking names. Make Moscow Mitch accountable.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mysteryowl (Original post)

Tue Aug 6, 2019, 09:15 PM

2. Thanks AOC for making me break out in a smile.

Tell it like it is. We have rude, lecherous men with no sense raising young boys to be rude, lecherous men with no sense.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread