HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Government Housing Struct...

Tue Jul 30, 2019, 02:01 AM

Government Housing Structure Infested with Criminals and Rats

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A government-subsidized housing structure has fallen into a dangerous state and has become thoroughly infested with criminals and rats, a leading congressman warned on Saturday.

The building has become “the territory of vicious gangsters who roam freely and consider themselves above the law,” Representative Elijah Cummings, a Democrat of Maryland, said.

The congressman added that notorious gang members took over the housing facility in early 2017 and have “spread terror and despair” there ever since.

“People are scared to be there,” Cummings said. “Hundreds have fled.”

He said that the horrific conditions within the housing complex are one of the nation’s worst-kept secrets. “Many of the people who have fled over the past two years have written books about it,” he said. “But the criminals continue to run wild.”

The congressman said that he was speaking out for the benefit of the residents in his Baltimore, Maryland, district. “I am alarmed that the nation’s worst breeding ground for crime is less than fifty miles from Baltimore,” he said.

Short article, no more at link: https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/government-housing-structure-infested-with-criminals-and-rats

Photograph from Getty

4 replies, 364 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Government Housing Structure Infested with Criminals and Rats (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Jul 30 OP
SunSeeker Jul 30 #1
ProudMNDemocrat Jul 30 #2
Rhiannon12866 Jul 30 #3
Dennis Donovan Jul 30 #4

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Tue Jul 30, 2019, 02:20 AM

1. K & R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jul 30, 2019, 02:20 AM

2. More turth than sarcasm....

I keep saying the White House will need a thorough cleaning and fumigating once the Trumps leave.

Reply to this post

Response to ProudMNDemocrat (Reply #2)

Tue Jul 30, 2019, 02:54 AM

3. I've thought of that, too

And he's sure let some pretty despicable characters in there - like the Russians with no American press allowed.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 30, 2019, 05:06 PM

4. They need to exit OUR WH!

Out with the crooks, in with any (rodent) rat!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread