HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Post removed

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 01:31 AM

Post removed

Cannot reply in removed threads

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Post removed (Original post)

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 01:41 AM

1. I'm not seeing the issue here

This is a person who likely has top notch insurance and he is comparing his care with that of Sweden. We need writers with large deductible insurance to compare their health care with that of other countries. They need to compare foreign health systems with the dunning from collection agencies some Americans have to live through. He should also compare the fact that those without insurance and find themselves in serious condition, would have to spend down all assets, including their home, before they can qualify for Medicaid.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 01:47 AM

2. This author also wrote "Prayer can solve many of the world's problems".

I'll take his experience in Sweden with a grain of salt.

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 01:47 AM

3. France's healthcare system has also been impacted and NHS is mightily struggling, with much

criticism of emergency services including dispatch and ambulances. Long wait times for basic screenings and for starting cancer treatment. More and more privatized as well as a new mandate for doctor’s councils to decide dollar allocations. Sounds good, but many against them as the doctor’s do have their own interest.
We do have to look at the systems more carefully that we use as idealized models, and look into different areas of care.
And we must figure in the number of immigrants we should be accommodating.

Response to emmaverybo (Reply #3)

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:10 AM

10. "we must figure in the number of immigrants we should be accommodating. "

Really? Super cute at trying to sound French.

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 01:56 AM

4. So the Mormon Church is now considered a reliable source of news here?

The Deseret News is owned by the Mormon Church. It is a right wing source.

It amazes me that when the topic of healthcare comes up in the past, it is often ok here to lambaste Medicare (often with just anecdotal "evidence" ) and promote RW talking points on the subject.

Response to Bradshaw3 (Reply #4)

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:12 AM

11. No kidding.

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 01:58 AM

5. What a crock of shit.

We live within walking distance of the hospital and it can take half an hour for an ambulance to get here.

The fire department paramedics always get here first. But if someone has been shot, or has a gun, the paramedics will wait for the cops who will take shelter behind the fire trucks.

God forbid the cops arrive to an active shooter situation because they will only add to the random bullets flying everywhere. It's not like television at all, and nothing happens in slow motion.

Things get even more complex once someone gets to the Instant Bankruptcy Emergency Room. (My advice: Cut up your credit cards and flush them down the toilet before you get there.)

People in the U.S.A. always think their health care and their own insurance are great until serious shit happens.

They also think everyone can be saved and will spare no expense trying to do that, making medicine a highly profitable business.

Response to hunter (Reply #5)

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:04 AM

8. Amen motherfucker (meant in the BEST way)

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:01 AM

6. Good thing you are not lost in translation

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:01 AM

7. The writer's main issue seems to be with the 911 and ambulance service.

He had to tell the dispatcher his address and the ambulance took 15 whole minutes to get there!

His wife's uncle had to spend the weekend in the emergency room, and then when he was released, had "multiple visits each day from nurses who will feed him, give him medicine, get him in and out of bed and make sure he is OK. All of this will cost him a pittance..."

This is supposed to convince us that a single-payer system like Sweden's would not be a good idea for the U.S.
It actually sounds pretty good to me!

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:09 AM

9. Does he really think this would have gone vastly better in the United States?

Really?

Remind me again how many people in Sweden go bankrupt from medical debt. Or have to choose between buying food and medicine.

Tue Jul 23, 2019, 02:28 AM

12. I started reading this thinking Texas wrote it.

As I continued to read the Church of LDS came up and that is when I said to myself, "What the fuck site am I on? I thought this was DU!". Then I skipped down to the replies to see what I was not comprehending and now I get it. I finally read the article itself and thought "Oh, this BS again". Heard it all before and will probably hear it again. I support any system that the GOP doesn't support since I am a person who must have the ACA or I will be bankrupt shortly before I die from not having affordable healthcare in the richest country in the world.