HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » After Tonight, I'm Really...

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:11 AM

After Tonight, I'm Really Fearful About Rep. Omar's Safety

Make no mistake. Trump is trying to get her killed. The MAGAts want her dead. She is a danger to the white supremacist movement, and for that they are batshit frothing at the mouth insane. They are ramping up the hate and death threats toward her way past 11, and something needs to be done about it.

I hope she has good body guards. I fear the worst, but I hope that it doesn't happen. If it does, there may be no escape from what's going to happen following that.

38 replies, 2398 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 38 replies Author Time Post
Reply After Tonight, I'm Really Fearful About Rep. Omar's Safety (Original post)
Initech Jul 18 OP
Skittles Jul 18 #1
ancianita Jul 18 #12
KPN Jul 18 #16
bdamomma Jul 18 #31
Schmice3 Jul 19 #37
Skittles Jul 19 #38
ProudLib72 Jul 18 #2
LuvLoogie Jul 18 #3
VarryOn Jul 18 #4
FiveGoodMen Jul 18 #23
VarryOn Jul 18 #35
peggysue2 Jul 18 #5
Initech Jul 18 #6
NanceGreggs Jul 18 #7
Initech Jul 18 #8
peggysue2 Jul 18 #9
Flaleftist Jul 18 #10
Captain Zero Jul 18 #11
Stonepounder Jul 18 #13
progree Jul 18 #14
StevieM Jul 18 #15
dustyscamp Jul 18 #17
rownesheck Jul 18 #18
DinahMoeHum Jul 18 #19
elocs Jul 18 #20
Initech Jul 18 #22
Lonestarblue Jul 18 #25
Hermit-The-Prog Jul 18 #21
Hekate Jul 18 #24
democratisphere Jul 18 #26
True Dough Jul 18 #27
LeftTurn3623 Jul 18 #28
Initech Jul 18 #29
stillcool Jul 18 #30
maryellen99 Jul 18 #33
stillcool Jul 18 #34
blakstoneranger Jul 18 #32
Danascot Jul 18 #36

Response to Initech (Original post)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:13 AM

1. Trump's intention is not for Rep. Omar to fear for her safety

his intention is that ALL immigrants fear for their safety

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Skittles (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:56 AM

12. +1

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:15 AM

16. Exactly. But he really doesn't personally care.

He just knows that it will amp up his support ... and yield him power or so he thinks. In the end, itís ephemeral. He will be done; his power will be extinguished and dry up. His fate is already sealed.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:03 PM

31. Aren't we all

immigrants??? WTF.

I don't know but he is fueling another mass shooting, and of course he will put the blame on someone else.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 19, 2019, 12:26 AM

37. Kind of like the Cultural Revolution

The Dumbster wants to create and foster long term upheaval and uncertainty to justify setting up contingency plans in case of a national emergency like a Democratic sweep in 2020 say. He is also encouraging a sense of entitlement by some "patriots" to start a dirty war with death squads like in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, etc..... with people being "disappeared" or outright shot or blown to smithereens.

If anything happens, the Orange TurdBlossom Special will distance himself from it by saying that he didn't even know who she was and anyway, it's was a false flag operation by the left.

Reply to this post

Response to Schmice3 (Reply #37)

Fri Jul 19, 2019, 12:52 AM

38. I'd put nothing past him

Trump is a truly sick, fascist piece of shit

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:15 AM

2. Seriously, the next budget needs to include ample provision for security for the Squad

No more fucking golf trips for the Rump. Hire more Capitol Police for these reps, and make it 24 hour detail. Make sure they have a shoot first ask questions later mentality.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:20 AM

3. Don't be fearful. Be vigilant.

Raise your awareness. Dispatch the bigotry before the reverberation of the gurgling hate fades from the stones. Meet their taunts with ridicule and fearless resolve. The ground upon which they stand is a vat of vomit.

You are not alone.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:32 AM

4. I am a passionate person, firm in my beliefs, and definitely have certain politicians I hate, but...

I cannot imagine wanting political opponents dead! What depravity! You never hear of Republicans getting death threats from Democrats.

The sicko that nearlykilled Rep. Scalise at that baseball game last yearwasa supporter of an independent, so I dont consider him Democratic.

Reply to this post

Response to VarryOn (Reply #4)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:28 PM

23. If the cold war turns into a hot one, will you be against shooting back?

Reply to this post

Response to FiveGoodMen (Reply #23)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 04:29 PM

35. As a concelead carry license holder, I certainly have no problem shooting back, if...

It's the last resort to save a life.

I would be absolutely opposed going on offense with violence toward political opponents, though.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:44 AM

5. I agree!

Trump really crossed the line tonight whipping his fans into a hate fest. It's vile, UnAmerican and incredibly dangerous.

Reply to this post

Response to peggysue2 (Reply #5)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:46 AM

6. I'd like to tell Trump to his face where he can shove his "low unemployment numbers"...

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:48 AM

7. The WH better pray for her safety ...

... because if any harm should befall her at the hands of a Trump-humper, it will knock the I'm still not convinced he's a racist fence-sitters off their asses.

The "it's only words" crowd will be forced to confront the reality that words have consequences, and can motivate crazy people to do violent things - things that can harm them as easily as it can their supposed enemies.

Anything untoward happening to Rep. Omar (or the other three) at this point would be a disaster for the GOP. Trump's reaction would be equivalent to "I'm glad she's dead - she had it coming" - and the PTB in the GOP would have to defend him or keep the votes of the minorities they've managed to hold onto up until now.

The face of the American voter is getting darker every day. Taking a position that says "we're the party of racists" is exactly what the PTB in the GOP have been desperately trying to avoid since they put Trump in the WH.

If Trump keeps ratcheting up the racist rhetoric, he's going to force their hand - it's going to come down to stand up to Trump and lose his rabid base, or stand with him and not survive as a party.

Reply to this post

Response to NanceGreggs (Reply #7)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:54 AM

8. I don't think they learned a lesson from Charlottesville.

If anything that only provoked them further. These are the same people that threatened and doxxed and harassed mass shooting victims and side with white supremacists when they murder people. Hate has consequences. But the haters don't know that, or care either. That's why I fear for Omar, AOC, and the others.

The GOP has blood on their hands from Charlottesville and it's only got worse since then.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:06 AM

9. x1000

Trump is playing with forces that could easily spin out of control. His performance tonight was sheer madness. You can't incite a mob like this and not expect blowback. As for the Republican Party? If anything happens, they're equally guilty for defending and enabling Trump and his hateful instincts. Cowards, all of them.

They better beef up security for these women.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:25 AM

10. The Republicans refusing to condemn his racist tweets

showed the world that they approve of it. It seems Trump took it as a green light to be even worse. They are going to regret it.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:36 AM

11. Taking a position that says "we're the party of racists" is exactly

Taking a position that says "we're the party of racists" is exactly what the PTB in the GOP have been desperately trying to avoid since Kevin Phillips devised the "Southern Strategy" in 1968 for Nixon !! They have been working it a while.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:56 AM

13. I am pretty well convinced that at this point the country we grew up in is doomed.

I think Trump will be reelected, not because more people vote for him, but because the election will be rigged. The GOP is working like hell to disenfranchise as many Democrats as they possibly can. Trump has openly invited the Russians to screw with our election and I assume he has invited the Chinese and the North Koreans as well.

The only prayer we have is that declining mental state gets to the point that he can no longer rile up a crowd like he does, but his fellow travellers in the White House can cover even that up, pretending that he is working, they can tweet in his name, and so on. If he manages to maintain a semblance of sanity until next November, I don't think there is anything that can be done to stop the fake election that is coming.

We all know that he stole the election last time around with Russia's help, he's now had a couple of years to solidify his status as Putin's rent boy and welcomed Putin to do even more to fuck over out election and give another 4, or 8, or whatever. Remember the the Justice Dept is not run by someone why will do exactly what Trump wants and the law and the Constitution be damned.

It was a good run while it lasted.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:59 AM

14. Omar reports more death threats against her since Trump tweet - APRIL 14, 2019

Last edited Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:37 AM - Edit history (1)

From last April, 3 months ago ... sadly it's been an ongoing issue...

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/04/14/pelosi-trump-tweet-omar-video
Rep. Ilhan Omar says she's faced increased death threats since President Trump spread around a video that purports to show her being dismissive of the 2001 terrorist attacks.

... Her statement followed an announcement by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that she has taken steps to ensure the safety of Omar, and the speaker's call for Trump to take down the video.

...Omar said that since Trump retweeted the video Friday night, she's received a "sharp increase" in threats on her life that referred or replied to the posted video.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/04/12/trump-tweets-video-edited-to-suggest-omar-dismissive-of-911
The video pulls a snippet of Omar's speech last month to the Council on American-Islamic Relations in which she described the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center as "some people did something," as well as news footage of the hijacked planes hitting the twin towers. Trump tweeted, "WE WILL NEVER FORGET!"

And back to the present:

https://kstp.com/national/president-donald-trump-slams-congresswoman-ilhan-omar-crowd-roars-send-her-back/5426858/
As for Omar, Trump unfurled a whole list of complaints, including a false accusation that she voiced pride in al-Qaida

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:11 AM

15. If Hillary did not have Secret Service I would be incredibly terrified for her.

The venom the fascists have whipped up against her is like nothing I have ever seen.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:18 AM

17. I wish someone slapped some sense into these people using these hashtags

[img][/img]

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 04:25 AM

18. Any person

who considers themselves an "independent voter" now after this shit, is beyond lost to me. Good lord. It is quite clear what the republikkkan party stands for now.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:53 AM

19. A curse on any and all Trump supporters after this. . .

May their children/grandchildren curse them and disown them.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:45 AM

20. Trump will rabble-rouse, incite and inflame his followers,

but when someone is hurt or killed as a result of his words he will do, as he always does, deny that he was in any way responsible.

Reply to this post

Response to elocs (Reply #20)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 10:51 AM

22. Just like he did with Charlottesville.

Very fine people on both sides. Right. We're not the ones driving cars into protestors.

Reply to this post

Response to elocs (Reply #20)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:34 PM

25. Someone has already been killed as a result of his words.

His constant tirades on immigrants inspired one man to kill worshipers at a synagogue. Trump did not direct him to kill people, but words matter and Trump is all too careless in his calls for violence and locking people up.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:53 AM

21. Hitler is resurrected

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:27 PM

24. Trump is a Stochastic Terrorist. He targets women. Ever seen a "lock him up" chant?

Back to stochastic terrorism: ANYONE getting violently killed by his followers would suit his purposes. The Squad just happens to check ALL the boxes: uppity female, varying shades of color, Democratic.

Note I put uppity female first. If an assassin got Hilary Clinton, Trump and the MAGAts would dance in the streets.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:38 PM

26. The MSM along with everyone else needs to get off this subject

and move on to something else.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:39 PM

27. Don't forget

shithead Tucker Carlson was fanning the flames before Trump. I won't bother posting his hate-filled clip here but it's all over the internet.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:40 PM

28. what happen at that rally

makes me question people. These people are sick.

Reply to this post

Response to LeftTurn3623 (Reply #28)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:53 PM

29. Last night America truly hit rock bottom.

There's nowhere to go but up from there is there? I hope!

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:01 PM

30. She is no danger to white supremacists..

she's a lightning rod, only because of Donald Trump, and the Republican Party. It makes me so effing pissed off..it's another Howard Beale day.

Reply to this post

Response to stillcool (Reply #30)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:26 PM

33. While the msm goes on and on about this

No one is reporting that trump is sending troops to Saudi Arabia

Reply to this post

Response to maryellen99 (Reply #33)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:31 PM

34. the tv people just like to ..

throw gas on a story like this. See how hot they can get it, until happens. Then they want to know who is responsible for

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 02:20 PM

32. This is Why Trump Will NEVER Be as Great as Barack Obama---NEVER

When this woman gets hurt it will be trumps fault. But nobody will blame him. They will blame her. Trump is using her the way hitler used a jewish boy as the blame for the richstaht fire (scuse the spelling). But make no mistake, it will be trumps fault. My question is this: Why does trump need to use racism at this level to be president. Seems to me if he's as great as he thinks he is, why would he need to resort to low ball racism. Obama, Bill Clinton, George Bush, none of them need to use race at this level to be president. It seems sara palin and trump are the only two who were willing to do this--they do have one thing in common--Both of them are DUMB!!! And don't be surprised by the supporters--THESE ARE THE RACIST THAT LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY. THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN HERE WE JUST NEVER HERE FROM THEM UNTIL DAVID DUKE OR SOME OTHER RACIST COMES OUT TO THE POLITICAL WORLD. THESE ARE THE "SEND HER BACK" PEOPLE. DON'T BE ALARMED BY THEM. THE DEVIL ALWAYS HAS AN ARMY (HE
WOULDN'T BE THE DEVIL WITHOUT ONE). THEY DO NOT REPRESENT MOST WHITE AMERICANS AND THEY WILL NOT GET HIM REELECTED.

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 07:02 PM

36. Is there a Go Fund Me for her security?

I would contribute.

Look what's happened to Christine Blasey Ford's life. They've had to move multiple times and employ heavy security due to all the threats.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread