HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This message was self-del...

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:39 PM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (LovingA2andMI) on Sun Aug 4, 2019, 04:14 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

20 replies, 1854 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 20 replies Author Time Post
Reply This message was self-deleted by its author (Original post)
LovingA2andMI Jul 2019 OP
NRaleighLiberal Jul 2019 #1
ancianita Jul 2019 #8
madaboutharry Jul 2019 #2
Hoyt Jul 2019 #3
sprinkleeninow Jul 2019 #4
Corgigal Jul 2019 #5
Alice_the_Patriot Jul 2019 #6
LovingA2andMI Jul 2019 #7
ehrnst Jul 2019 #10
ehrnst Jul 2019 #11
First Speaker Jul 2019 #9
ehrnst Jul 2019 #13
hatrack Jul 2019 #15
ehrnst Jul 2019 #16
hatrack Jul 2019 #17
ehrnst Jul 2019 #18
LovingA2andMI Jul 2019 #19
ehrnst Jul 2019 #12
Everyman Jackal Jul 2019 #14
LovingA2andMI Jul 2019 #20

Response to LovingA2andMI (Original post)

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:42 PM

1. absolutely. The deplorables are being frothed up. What will occur is going to be very very ugly

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NRaleighLiberal (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:33 AM

8. It's an election. Of course they're frothed. But the numbers don't merit any fear of what they'll do

They don't amount to more than the 63 million who voted for Trump.

No amount of media hype changes that.

Many have left that voter group. Just look at the hundreds of resignations by both government appointees and party leaders. That alone is the indicator of all the other defections.

Many have been added to the Democratic vote.

We're too soon worried about their power. Sure. Losing their boss will make them ugly. But remember.

They just don't have the power numbers, and they know it by now.

So let's just calm down.

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:55 PM

2. Mother Emmanuel Church is in Charleston.

And I think you are right that Trump will cause people to become violent.

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:57 PM

3. The heck with Mueller, these are the crimes deserving Impeachment and conviction.

Back up plan, drag everybody you know to polls.

We need anti-hatred, anti-trump rallies around this country with top Democratic candidates soon.

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:59 PM

4. Nightly I present the 'case' to Heaven followed by crying out

for a just and timely resolution. ☦️

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 11:19 PM

5. Thank you for your beautiful

and unfortunate writing.

If the rich don't fear us, or if we don't understand where our pressure to exist comes from the top down, we're in trouble.

Told my hubby, I bet social security will be gone in 5 years. We, the projectors of the future need to make our children as safe as possible.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 12:13 AM

6. A lesson from History

I had a friend who is dead now, a former member of Hitler Youth who talked often to me about the Hitler's
concentration camps. He always assured me that most Germans at that time didn't know the camps existed.
The people who did, he believed, didn't imagine what was going on at the camps and were later horrified
by what they found out.

He also believed that Hitler would not have risen to power if the German people had known what was in his mind.

Maybe my friend was right. That gives me hope:

We know that Trump wants absolute power, that he is insane. Every night, Americans see his concentration
camps, the torture, the cruelty. We know he kills people with satisfaction (Puerto Rico, the corpses south of
the border (over four thousand dead), with troops destroying water jugs and food left them by Mexicans). We know he wants 12 million American's stripped of their health insurance, wants old people to lose social security (which could kill them), he flirts with a war that would make Iraq look like a picnic. He doesn't care if the whole world goes down because of global warming.

We are not being tough enough with this guy. He's not just a danger to the Constitution and the whole structure of our government, he's a killer. Who knows how many people are doomed to die while we delay
removing him from office. We should stop fooling with the small stuff. The American people should call him what he is. His trial for the killing he's done should be called for. We need to focus on that--the reality of what he's done. It's in the pictures, the numbers, the facts.

When he's gone and no one bothers to deny he's an illegitimate President, we can declare null and void his illegitimate appointments and his Vice President too.

Response to Alice_the_Patriot (Reply #6)

Response to LovingA2andMI (Reply #7)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:23 AM

10. And if he does something rash if he feels cornered - like a military strike to distract

from impeachment proceedings?

Who knows how many that could kill?

BTW - impeachment won't remove him from office, so if you are thinking it will shorten his term in office, you are forgetting that the GOP won't even say his tweets are racist. You think that they will vote that he's unfit for the office?

Response to Alice_the_Patriot (Reply #6)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:25 AM

11. impeachment won't remove him from office, so if you are thinking it will shorten his term in office,

you are forgetting that the GOP Senate leader denies that he is a racist. You think that they will vote that he's unfit for the office?

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 01:35 AM

9. I know one thing--when the shit hits the fan...

...and people are hurt and/or killed, Trump, his "base", Fox News, and the GOP, will blame the "Liberals". And 40% of the country will believe it. And the media class will pretend that this is a legitimate "issue".

Response to First Speaker (Reply #9)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:31 AM

13. 53% of the country disapproves of him. (nt)

Response to ehrnst (Reply #13)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:52 AM

15. Not enough. Not nearly enough - really, hard to overstate the intellectual dry-rot in 'Murca

Response to hatrack (Reply #15)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:14 AM

16. I agree. However, I don't think that anyone who still approves will be swayed by logic.

In fact, when confronted with facts, those people will more likely than not display the backfire effect.

Response to ehrnst (Reply #16)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:33 AM

17. Oh, couldn't agree more.

It's not getting any smarter out there - certainly not among members of the Shitstain Cult.

Response to hatrack (Reply #17)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 09:35 AM

18. I think that's why impeachment hearings, no matter what is revealed,

will have any other effect than to make them double down, and get very activated in 2020. Any perceived attack on Trump, or his presidency is going to be taken as an attack on their vote, and their world view.

That's what I think Pelosi is talking about when she says it would be very divisive.

Response to First Speaker (Reply #9)

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:30 AM

12. Impeachment won't remove him from office. We know this. However

House Dems are conducting investigations, which might have an effect on his ability to get re-elected, and they won't force Democratic Senators in Red and swing states to vote in a way that will get them voted out.

We have to take back the Senate in 2020, and keep the house. That is the only way that we can start to mitigate the damage done. If we do something to endanger that, people will definitely die.

Not to mention, he's unstable, and might lash out with a military strike to distract and feel powerful. That would also kill people.

Thu Jul 18, 2019, 08:48 AM

14. I am 76 years old and this is what I believe about humans.

The majority of people are not good or bad but are just living their lives. When they have a strong leader 40-60% of them will do what that leader says or infers they do. Trump is a strong leader of his followers and if he is reelected things will get worse for non-Whites and poor people. If he loses the election there will be blood in the streets. He will not go quietly. If he is impeached and a new Senate with enough Democrats find him guilty there will be blood in the streets. If he is assassinated there will be blood in the streets. This is the most optimistic view I have. I will still vote only for Democrats as long as I am alive or as long as we have elections.

Response to Everyman Jackal (Reply #14)