HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Rep Ilhan Omar in press c...

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 08:19 AM

Rep Ilhan Omar in press conference on Trump

This president, who has been credibly accused of committing multiple crimes, including colluding with foreign government to interfere with our election—this is a president who has overseen the most corrupt administration in our history and pursued an agenda to allow millions of Americans to die from a lack of healthcare, while he transfers millions of dollars in tax cuts to corporations. This is a president who has said “grab women by the pussy.” This is a president who has called black athletes sons of bitches. This is a president who has called black—people who come from black and brown countries shitholes. This is a president who has equated neo-Nazis with those who protest against them in Charlottesville. This is a president who has openly violated the very value our country aspires to uphold: equality under the law, religious liberty, equal protection, and protection from persecution. And to distract from that, he’s launching a blatantly racist attack on four duly elected members of the United States House of Representatives, all of whom are women of color.

I have not made impeachment central to my election or my tenure, but since the day that I’ve gotten elected, I had said to people, it is not if he will be impeached, but when. So it is time for us to stop allowing this president to make a mockery out of our Constitution. It’s time for us to impeach this president.

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/7/16/trump_racist_attacks_congresswomen_of_color

2 replies, 446 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rep Ilhan Omar in press conference on Trump (Original post)
Beringia Jul 17 OP
Hermit-The-Prog Jul 17 #1
Beringia Jul 17 #2

Response to Beringia (Original post)

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:05 AM

1. it is time, while we still have time

We were told to wait for him to pivot, wait for him to grow into the office, wait for sane Republicans to reign him in, wait for mid-terms, wait for Mueller, and now, wait for 2020. Waiting simply means more destruction and more insulation from the rule of law for the criminals.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hermit-The-Prog (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 17, 2019, 10:08 AM

2. I agree. He should not be on the loose. Who knows what he will do next.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread