HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » House Judiciary approves ...

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 12:51 PM

House Judiciary approves subpoenas for 12 key witnesses, including Jared Kushner

By ANDREW DESIDERIO and KYLE CHENEY 07/11/2019 12:41 PM EDT Updated 07/11/2019 12:46 PM EDT

The House Judiciary Committee voted on Thursday to authorize subpoenas for 12 crucial witnesses as part of House Democrats’ ongoing investigations targeting President Donald Trump.

On a party-line vote, the committee empowered Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) to issue subpoenas to current and former Trump administration officials who were central figures in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s 22-month investigation of Russian contacts with the Trump campaign.

The subpoena list also includes Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner, in addition to some of Mueller’s key witnesses: former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and former White House Staff Secretary Rob Porter.

The panel also authorized subpoenas for executives of American Media Inc., which was involved in hush-money payments to women who alleged that they had affairs with Trump. Nadler has not indicated when or whether he’ll issue the subpoenas.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/11/house-judiciary-approves-subpoenas-for-12-key-mueller-witnesses-including-jared-kushner-1407428

7 replies, 308 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply House Judiciary approves subpoenas for 12 key witnesses, including Jared Kushner (Original post)
DonViejo Jul 11 OP
Bettie Jul 11 #1
in2herbs Jul 11 #2
Bettie Jul 11 #3
triron Jul 11 #6
Bettie Jul 11 #7
ehrnst Jul 11 #5
ehrnst Jul 11 #4

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 12:54 PM

1. That's nice

but what happens when each and every one of them declines to show?

Is there any recourse?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bettie (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 12:58 PM

2. Of course there is recourse for not showing -- they will either ignore the subpoena, ask for

an extension and waste months deciding on a new date, or be sent a sternly worded letter that they'll line their bird cage with.

Reply to this post

Response to in2herbs (Reply #2)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 01:00 PM

3. Those sternly worded letters

are the best liners, I hear.

Reply to this post

Response to Bettie (Reply #3)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 01:59 PM

6. I think I am detecting sarcasm.

Reply to this post

Response to triron (Reply #6)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 02:16 PM

7. Yes, that may

be the case. Forgot the marker. Oops, my bad.

To be fair, 99% of my posts should be marked with that.

There is a certain level of frustration in me this week...possibly reaching critical mass.

I think I need to just shut down and play video games mindlessly for a while. Fallout's nuclear wasteland is preferable to real life at this moment in time.

Reply to this post

Response to Bettie (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 01:51 PM

5. So why even bother, right? Either way, they just don't measure up, AMIRITE?

If they don't do it, they're NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!! WHY ARE THEY NOT EVEN SENDING OUT A SUBPOENA TO THESE CROOKS??

If they do it, then, well, they're still just useless.

Right?

Reply to this post

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Jul 11, 2019, 01:50 PM

4. And the bashing of Dems for doing something that's their job as "a sternly worded letter" begins

And if they didn't do it, they'd be bashed for "not doing something to get those crooks in for questioning!!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread