HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How the 2016 election, ru...

Wed Jul 10, 2019, 09:12 PM

How the 2016 election, russian trolling, ruined all news for a friend.

She used to vote democratic, but starting hating Obama, presumably over the ACA. She went all in for trump, and bought into all the nasty postings about Hillary, the Clintons, hating "politically correct" people, etc.

She's no dummy. I'm sure the last three years have opened her eyes to the insanity coming from the WH and trump's friends and family. But she accepts no news. Not from network tv, cable tv, anyone. She's totally cynical about independent journalists, too. Everything is fake.

I can't imagine how she plans on making a decision about the next election. I hope she stays home.

3 replies, 373 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply How the 2016 election, russian trolling, ruined all news for a friend. (Original post)
Ilsa Jul 10 OP
BSdetect Jul 10 #1
Ilsa Jul 10 #3
D_Master81 Jul 10 #2

Response to Ilsa (Original post)

Wed Jul 10, 2019, 10:46 PM

1. She cannot have been paying attention if she's voted for drump.

Did she know the ACA was the same as Obamacare?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BSdetect (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 10, 2019, 11:04 PM

3. Yes, but she was upset over

her son having to buy into expensive health insurance. I suspect her son fed her lots of trump macho BS.

Reply to this post

Response to Ilsa (Original post)

Wed Jul 10, 2019, 10:53 PM

2. She'll probably vote Trump again

A majority of people usually can’t bring themselves to admit being wrong so they will vote for the incumbent. If she really thinks all news is fake, then she’s right in the wheelhouse to be an all in MAGA voter.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread