HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Remember this image of Pr...

Sun Jun 30, 2019, 12:28 AM

Remember this image of Pres. Obama when he had the @WhiteHouse in Gay Pride Rainbow colors....

It is fitting to see this image on the weekend of 50 years of Gay Pride.

Gawd--I miss Pres Obama -[makes it worse when I see the bigoted Trump blimp that occupies our Oval Office now!!)

Fact Check: Was the White House lit in rainbow colors on Obama's last night in office?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/fact-check/2017/01/20/fact-check-white-house-lit-rainbow-colors-obamas-last-night-office/96843594/
Madison Alder, The Republic | azcentral.com Published 5:04 p.m. MT Jan. 20, 2017 | Updated 5:10 p.m. MT Jan. 20, 2017
Obama white house archives

(Photo: Chuck Kennedy/Obama White House Archives)
CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

WHO SAID IT: Meme widely circulated on Twitter.

THE CLAIM: The White House was lit in rainbow colors as a nod to LGBTQ rights on Obama's last night as president.

White House Archived

@ObamaWhiteHouse
Jan 19, 2017
Replying to @ObamaWhiteHouse

We brought home more of our troops, prevented Iran from building a nuclear weapon, and opened up a new chapter with the Cuban people.

White House Archived

@ObamaWhiteHouse

Because you fought to make it happen, marriage equality is the law of the land, and we made progress on ensuring that all are created equal.

6:21 PM - Jan 19, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy
View image on Twitter

1 replies, 773 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Remember this image of Pres. Obama when he had the @WhiteHouse in Gay Pride Rainbow colors.... (Original post)
riversedge Jun 30 OP
Cha Jun 30 #1

Response to riversedge (Original post)

Sun Jun 30, 2019, 04:55 AM

1. Oh Thank You for that beautiful pic of the Obamas and Bidens,

and the Rainbow WH, rivers!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread