HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ok...just saw my DVR'd co...

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:11 PM

Ok...just saw my DVR'd copy of Stephen Colbert's show from last night......

I really hate to say that Chris Christie really made me laugh out loud. He was a great guest tonight. I thought he did great. Sorry.

8 replies, 921 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ok...just saw my DVR'd copy of Stephen Colbert's show from last night...... (Original post)
a kennedy Jun 2019 OP
elfin Jun 2019 #1
hlthe2b Jun 2019 #2
Eliot Rosewater Jun 2019 #5
hlthe2b Jun 2019 #8
global1 Jun 2019 #3
a kennedy Jun 2019 #4
msongs Jun 2019 #6
dawg day Jun 2019 #7

Response to a kennedy (Original post)

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:13 PM

1. Agree Think he is looking for a job.

Maybe a gig on CNN or MSNBC??

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:14 PM

2. Old School Republicans used to be tolerable. He can be an ass, but capable of normal interaction

I saw him on the View today. He was actually mostly pleasant. But, yes, again, I know what an asshole he can be.

Reply to this post

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #2)

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:20 PM

5. Ask him if he thinks we are torturing children, if he says yes we are and shouldnt be

then OK

If he refuses to acknowledge that then he is a worthless piece of shit

Reply to this post

Response to Eliot Rosewater (Reply #5)

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:32 PM

8. There was some brief discussion on that View segment. It was rushed, but he did not deny nor defend

They had brought up the reopening of Bridgegate, so that took up the most time. Then, of course Meghan had to jump in to get her dose of self pity. On child detention, he just basically said he didn't agree with the policy then blamed Jeff Sessions for just about everything...

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/the-view-confronts-chris-christie-over-trump-getting-chummy-with-putin-how-the-hell-could-you-have-supported-this-guy/

The View Confronts Chris Christie Over Trump Getting Chummy With Putin: ‘How the Hell Could You Have Supported This Guy?’
The hosts of The View confronted former Gov. Chris Christie over his support of President Donald Trump after he spent a meeting joking with Vladimir Putin about election interference.

“How the hell could you have supported this guy?” Ana Navarro-Cárdenas asked Christie.

“Elections are not about who you want to vote for. Elections are about who’s left,” Christie said. ” I said all along that Donald Trump’s policies in general are more in line with my philosophy than Hillary Clinton’s was, and let’s let us also remember that 20% of the people who voted—who voted in ‘16 said they didn’t like either candidate.”

The hosts also brought up Trump’s inaction against climate change.

“For me, I believe that climate change is real,” Christie said.

“But he doesn’t. You’re smarter than that,” Sunny Hostin said, which Christie thanked her for saying.

Meghan McCain chimed into defend Christie. “Now you know what my life is like every day on this show, man. Getting screamed at just for being a Republican,” she said.

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:19 PM

3. I Enjoyed How He Tore Into Chuck Todd....nt

Reply to this post

Response to global1 (Reply #3)

4. Yes, yes,........loved that.

Reply to this post

6. he is a former prosecutor nt

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 28, 2019, 08:29 PM

7. I saw him reading one of those leaked "Vetting" documents

where it said that Jared doesn't like Christie and Christie was mean to Jared's father and that meant Christie couldn't have a job in the administration.

He was pretty funny, the way he spat out the whiny little princeling's name.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread