HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why did Harvard ever admi...

Wed Jun 19, 2019, 10:52 PM

Why did Harvard ever admit Kashuv in the first place

David Hogg had his grades and test scores made public -- and they were very high.

I have never seen Kashuv's. Were they equally impressive? Because we haven't seen them I'm guessing "no."

What has he done except be an opportunist and a prop for the gun lobby? All I can see he does all day is run his mouth like a sexist vicious bully on twitter all day. He certainly spent a lot of time attacking Dr. Blasey-Ford. Publicly.

I think Harvard admitted him because they were strong-armed by alumni into showing "balance" after they admitted David Hogg. I truly believe that is the only reason Kashuv was accepted at Harvard.

6 replies, 547 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why did Harvard ever admit Kashuv in the first place (Original post)
EveHammond13 Jun 2019 OP
tblue37 Jun 2019 #1
The Velveteen Ocelot Jun 2019 #2
pnwmom Jun 2019 #3
The Velveteen Ocelot Jun 2019 #4
ProudLib72 Jun 2019 #6
Olafjoy Jun 2019 #5

Response to EveHammond13 (Original post)

Wed Jun 19, 2019, 10:53 PM

1. Kushov: 3.9 weighted GPA and 1550 SAT. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Jun 19, 2019, 10:55 PM

2. Apparently he had excellent grades and test scores.

But nobody has the right to go to Harvard.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 19, 2019, 11:03 PM

3. Harvard could fill its classes several times over with people with perfect grades and test scores.

So they're looking at the whole person (and sometimes the person's family's checkbook).

As to the people who say he was "only" 16 when he did the loathsome thing, Harvard evaluates complete high school records, from age 14-18 (approx.). They don't just look at senior year.

Kashuv blew it.

Reply to this post

Response to pnwmom (Reply #3)

Wed Jun 19, 2019, 11:33 PM

4. Many people go on to live useful and fulfilling lives even if they didn't go to Harvard.

This should be a lesson even to immature teenagers who think they're being clever and controversial by posting hateful shit on social media. Maybe on about their 12th birthdays their parents should sit them down and remind them that everything that goes on the internet lives forever and that someday they might have to account in a very serious way for being a social media jackass.

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #4)

Thu Jun 20, 2019, 12:10 AM

6. "Many people go on to live useful and fulfilling lives even if they didn't go to Harvard"

You're obviously talking about Yalies.

But seriously, there are a heck of a lot of 18 year old children (yes, "children" ) who do not have the maturity to go to college and would be better served working for a couple years. It's getting to the point that a college education is seen as a right. Kashuv felt it was his "right" to attend Harvard. Well, I'm calling bullshit on that notion.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 19, 2019, 11:50 PM

5. Read the letter

Read the letter he wrote attempting to explain his incredibly racist posts. His writing is simply not good. I was very unimpressed. Was very surprised he was admitted to Harvard.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread