HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Depraved dictator envy

Tue Jun 11, 2019, 05:24 PM

Depraved dictator envy

PUBLISHED MON, JUN 10 2019 7:59 PM EDT
Michelle Fox

... “I found the president’s comments ... very disturbing. I think there is something depraved about his degree of dictator envy,” <former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers> said on “Closing Bell. ” “His idea that somehow the fact that we have an independent central bank ... is some kind of impediment, I think, is really a very, very dangerous idea.”

Summers said Trump has a history of praising dictators or authoritarian leaders.

“What’s tragic is that we’ve got a president who reaches out, admires, envies, celebrates and seeks to foster closer relationships with dictators while at the same time dissing, disregarding ... agreements and failing to build relationship with America’s traditional allies,” he said.

“Sometimes you can get your way in the short run with threats and extortion, but the ill will you leave behind ill serves you and ill serves the nation you lead” ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/10/theres-something-depraved-about-trumps-dictator-envy-summers.html

2 replies, 335 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Depraved dictator envy (Original post)
struggle4progress Jun 11 OP
Chin music Jun 11 #1
world wide wally Jun 11 #2

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Tue Jun 11, 2019, 05:26 PM

1. Every day 340 million people have to immerse themselves in this awfulness.

It's an injury to all of us individually, and as a collective as a nation.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Chin music (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 11, 2019, 06:09 PM

2. On the bright side...

It's not sustainable

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread