HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sides with North Korea ag...

Tue Jun 11, 2019, 04:55 PM

Sides with North Korea against CIA

3:21 PM ET
David A. Graham

For the second time in two weeks, President Donald Trump interrupted a busy schedule of trashing Joe Biden to say nice things about the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

But Trump’s decision, during remarks in Japan in May, to side with Kim over Biden was a brazen but unsurprising violation of the tradition that “politics ends at the water’s edge,” whereas his comments today were far more baffling.

Two accounts, a new book by the Washington Post reporter Anna Fifield and a Wall Street Journal story, report that Kim’s brother Kim Jong Nam was a CIA informant. Kim Jong Nam was killed in a shocking chemical-weapons attack in the Kuala Lumpur airport in February 2017. Trump was asked about the revelation as he left the White House for a trip to Iowa, and his answer was jarring.

“I see that, and I just received a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un,” Trump said. “I think the relationship is very well, but I appreciated the letter. I saw the information about the CIA with regard to his brother or half brother, and I would tell him that would not happen under my auspices. I wouldn’t let that happen under my auspices. I just received a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un” ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/06/trump-kim-no-north-korea-spying-under-my-auspices/591457/

2 replies, 273 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sides with North Korea against CIA (Original post)
struggle4progress Jun 11 OP
Chin music Jun 11 #1
real Cannabis calm Jun 11 #2

Response to struggle4progress (Original post)

Tue Jun 11, 2019, 05:10 PM

1. If beautiful letters touch his soul so much,

can someone send him a beautiful one w kims letterhead and ask him to resign?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Chin music (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 11, 2019, 05:14 PM

2. Yep, Back to the Trump remark "WE'RE IN LOVE!"

Then Kim Jong Un slapped the other fat-boy in the face with more nuclear weapons tests

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread